For the love of god give Khabib the title shot, not Tony Ferguson

Gabkicks

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Since this is the big question now,

who will fight Alvarez? Khabib or Ferguson? Its one of the two.

We can't risk seeing Khabib injured or out of action again

if theres any time for him to fight for the title, its now

he was supposed to fight Pettis a few years ago before he was injured, so give the man the title shot he earned lon ago

Ferguson almost got KOd in his last fight

Let Khabib have his shot at the title while hes healthy.

Why? So he can hold up the division for 3 years... interim belts ftw lol

I agree. There aren't nearly enough champions getting hurt and holding up a division for 2 years...

Why? So he can hold up the division for 3 years... interim belts ftw lol

Stop buying into the myths

Khabib is only 27 years old,

yet hes fought 23 times in MMA, competed several times in world sambo tournaments and BJJ tournaments

that makes him more active than most people in his division

Its rare to have that many fights at the age of 27

Khabib has just had a bad couple years, but the guy is extremely active for a 27 year old, overall.

He fought more than Tony Ferguson in his lifetime and he hes 5 yrs younger

in his division

Its rare the age of

Khabib
That doesn't make any sense, man.

You're saying we should give him a title shot because he's healthy now and we can't risk him getting injured.

But pointing out that he'd keep the title on hold because of injury is "buying into the myths".

sb3hn4.gif

yet hes fought 23 times in MMA, competed several times in world sambo tournaments and BJJ tournaments

Khabib has just had a bad couple years, but the guy is extremely active for a 27 year old, overall.

Has one fight in two years--->myth

Sherdog logic.

Id like to see him go at it. If that isn't the case I would be happy to see either get the shot. I have enjoyed watching Ferguson and i believe that Khabib will win it if he gets the shot

he was supposed to fight Pettis a few years ago before he was injured, so give the man the title shot he earned lon ago

In your mind, it makes sense for the #2 contender to get the shot over the #1 contender, knowing said #2 contender is made of glass and injured all the time?

You want that guy to possibly be champ? Just so a rematch doesn't happen?

Khabib didn't look great against the last guy he fought.

"While he is healthy" can change in a second so that is a silly reason to give him a shot.

Ferguson deserves it over Khabib. End of story.

Ferguson can fight for the interim title when Khabib sits out for a year.

No. Khabib has had a single fight in the past decade.

So once he stopped fighting Russian cans he got hurt more

I don't buy that Khabib is still fragile and injury prone, same for Cain & Dom. Cain had surgery on his back and now he's throwing spinning heel kicks, Cruz is 2 5 round fights removed from injury and there's nothing to suggest he'll be injured again soon. Todays medicine and surgeries are better than ever, you just need to be intelligent and not push yourself too hard too fast.

No.. the guy fought one guy since 2014 and it was at a catch weight. At least fight get one top ten win I could agree but the guy has been too inactive.

McGregor vs Diaz W vs Alvarez

RDA vs Barboza*

Khabib vs Ferguson*

*More impressive winner gets the next shot

Khabib has only fought once in the last 2 years against a nobody. If Nate beats Conor again give him the shot (he isn't the most deserving but would draw more interest). If Nate loses give it to Ferguson. Put Khabib in a title eliminator against Ferguson or Barbosa.

I think it should be given to the best fighter which IMO is Khabib. Sure he was out for a while but Cain was given title shot after title shot and pulled out. He even lost after returning and gets ANOTHER TITLE SHOT. Now it seems after his last win he's getting yet ANOTHER title shot. If he is always injured then give him the title shot then Ferguson can take his place since he's for sure getting injured.

The guy is 23-0 and destroyed his last opponent after a 2 year lay off, and destroyed the former champ and he earned his shot long time ago but never got it.

Its only fair to give it to him. He probably is the best LW in the world. Let Tony Ferguson and others test themselves against Khabib when Khabib is champ, and not the other way around.

Either way, I think Ferguson and Khabib both beat Alvarez

Back