Reis title shot

Natesblackshirt

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Can someone please explain how mighty mouses division isn't weak when this guy was going to get a title shot coming off ONE win. Thanks.

They're waiting for the likes of Scoggins & Smolka to establish themselves as true contenders.

This guy is the only one to take out Mighty Mouse.

People I've never heard of shouldn't get title shots

He was actually ranked 13th before the fight was announced. Then he magically ascended the rankings to number 8. Could you imagine the 8th ranked LW or WW fighting for the title? Lol turrible

<1>

It says it all that Reis was co main, MM pulls out and he's bumped down to first fight on the Fox Sports prelims (might not be official fight order yet I'm not sure).

Combination of it not being a great division and Mighty Mouse being absolutely outstanding.

He was actually ranked 13th before the fight was announced. Then he magically ascended the rankings to number 8. Could you imagine the 8th ranked LW or WW fighting for the title? Lol turrible

<1>

Or the 13th ranked MW.

Wait…..

Or the 13th ranked MW.

Wait…..
Does Reis have a previous win over the champ too? Are you really comparing Reis to Dan Henderson? Because if you are, you shouldn't be. I'm not defending Dan fighting for the belt by the way but comparing him to Wilson Reis is outrageous.

Does Reis have a previous win over the champ too? Are you really comparing Reis to Dan Henderson? Because if you are, you shouldn't be. I'm not defending Dan fighting for the belt by the way but comparing him to Wilson Reis is outrageous.

Of course not. I actually like the idea of Henderson getting one more shot, deserved or not.

But the point being, rankings don’t always tell the entire story.

Reis has been facing a murderers row of opponents while Hendo's been pading his record against bums in a weak division. Show some respect.

Of course not. I actually like the idea of Henderson getting one more shot, deserved or not.

But the point being, rankings don’t always tell the entire story.
The rankings mean absolutely nothing, but Reis fighting for a UFC title given his resume means even less. Most Sherdoggers, who are hardcore fans, couldn't pick him out of a police lineup.

Comparing reis to hendo?
Hendo is getting the shot
And with a win could go down as goat or Atleast should be in talks

Or the 13th ranked MW.

Wait…..
giphy.gif

Attachments

• upload_2016-7-28_9-45-49.jpeg
    upload_2016-7-28_9-45-49.jpeg
    5.4 KB · Views: 2
Of the other 33 guys in the weight class. Like 35 fighters. In total.

Yeah... There aren't many guys. It's sad, because I like the division.
I just wish Lineker wasn't so bad at cutting weight and could have had his shot against MM... MM would probably turn it into a wrestling competition and still win, but I would be excited to watch.
Lineker and TJ are the two most interesting fights for Mighty Mouse imo, but I would watch a Cruz rematch as well.

Yeah... There aren't many guys. It's sad, because I like the division.
I just wish Lineker wasn't so bad at cutting weight and could have had his shot against MM... MM would probably turn it into a wrestling competition and still win, but I would be excited to watch.
Lineker and TJ are the two most interesting fights for Mighty Mouse imo, but I would watch a Cruz rematch as well.
Lineker vs MM would have been very interesting. But he is doing much better than I expected at 135. I thought he had a low ceiling just because of his size. But got dam he is fun to watch, iron chin and brick fists.

Back