Rothwell believes he is #1 contender if he beats Werdum

Joeythewho

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
How is this possible? a one fight winning streak makes you the number one contender? Especially considering he's been busted for elevated test just a few years back. JDS/Cain both have to be above him in the rankings even if he beats Werdum, and Derrick Lewis put together a nice streak besides Rothwells win over Overreem his 4 fight win streak before the JDS loss really wasn't that impressive. Seeing as Travis Browne and Bigfoot also beat DeflatedReem I don't see how he thinks that makes him top shit.

Rothwell can believe what he likes. Fact is he isn't

iu

war ben. when he finishes werdum he should be number one contender.

Is Ben fighting Werdum?? I'd say Werdum by decision but yeah if Ben whoops Werdum, a former champ who has a win over Fedor and Cain then fuck yeah he deserves a title shot.

How is this possible? a one fight winning streak makes you the number one contender? Especially considering he's been busted for elevated test just a few years back. JDS/Cain both have to be above him in the rankings even if he beats Werdum
You mean Cain, who has a 1 fight winning streak, and JDS, who has a 1 fight winning streak?

How is this possible? a one fight winning streak makes you the number one contender? Especially considering he's been busted for elevated test just a few years back. JDS/Cain both have to be above him in the rankings even if he beats Werdum, and Derrick Lewis put together a nice streak besides Rothwells win over Overreem his 4 fight win streak before the JDS loss really wasn't that impressive. Seeing as Travis Browne and Bigfoot also beat DeflatedReem I don't see how he thinks that makes him top shit.

Who cares. ???? He's here to make money and promote himself

I expect Ben to win via KO.

Wedum's to me is the better fighter but he is an old man. No amount of training will make him younger. He could try the PED road buuuuut, people get caught a lot these days.

If he wins in exciting fashion, i'd give it to him. But he needs to throw a punch or at least try to do something....anything.... unlike his last fight. Before the fight, I had him winning vs. JDS and he just stood there, shocked. The moment was to big for Big Ben and he froze. Hopefully he gets his stuff together.

I'm a tired of seeing Cain fight.

You mean Cain, who has a 1 fight winning streak, and JDS, who has a 1 fight winning streak?

To be fair, past champs would likely take precedence over Rothwell.

why not? Dan Henderson is getting a title shot. Couture and Sonnen both got title shots coming off losses in a weight class above the one they were currently fighting in. Anderson Silva got his first UFC MW title shot after 1 win in the UFC.

beating a guy who was champion 1 fight ago is certainly a big deal, in a weak division like HW and an organization that gives title shots out like candy bars it's perfectly reasonable.

Based on winning streak:
Derrick Lewis is next!

Back