Most under appreciated fighter in the UFC?

Stillmyboy1

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Who are some fighters that you think are the most under appreciated guys in the UFC?

I think Gus is so under appreciated. The guy beat the pound for pound best Jon Jones and got robbed in a decision. He should be the lhw champion right now. He then destroys Jimi Manuwa without breaking a sweat. Which should have earned him a championship fight. But no he has to fight Rumble. Gus being the great man that he is, accepts the fight and basically gets cheated out of the win when he was in complete control of the fight up until Rumble threw an illegal headbutt.

So finally UFC then decided to do what's right after screwing this guy over again and again. They finally give him his well deserved title shot against DC. Gus nearly kos DC and by some miracle fluke, DC steals the decision win.

I honestly feel bad for the guy and think he makes a serious case as the p4p number 1 right now.the funny thing is he could probably go up to hw and win the belt up there if he decided he wanted to, but he would rather fight the killers in the 205 pound division.

Wish people would give this guy a bit more respect

Woodley, no one appreciates his ability to combine explosiveness and great cardio because they are racist.

It sounds like TS under appreciates Jones, DC and rumble!!

I'm a big Gus fan. Jones beat him. Rumble didn't deliberately throw a headbutt and its debatable whether that was the significant blow. DC beat him

Glover. People are already talking about Rumble vs DC 2.

Bryan Caraway gets a lot of shit but it's because he's banging Miesha and were not.

Dong Hyun Kim practically changed his fighting style to be more fan friendly.

Woodley, no one appreciates his ability to combine explosiveness and great cardio because they are racist.
I agree. Woodley should have received his title shot a long time ago. Probably the most deserving contender at welterweight but hasn't received his rightful title shot until now because the UFC is racist.

Bryan Caraway could win every title in the UFC and people would still shit on him

WQ13dff.gif

Other than Khabib, Dagestani fighters in the UFC receive little fanfare

Lawler. Guy is a defending champion, exciting as hell, never started fighting safe, yet he gets the least respect and I constantly see him being disrespected on here.

Who are some fighters that you think are the most under appreciated guys in the UFC?

I think Gus is so under appreciated. The guy beat the pound for pound best Jon Jones and got robbed in a decision. He should be the lhw champion right now. He then destroys Jimi Manuwa without breaking a sweat. Which should have earned him a championship fight. But no he has to fight Rumble. Gus being the great man that he is, accepts the fight and basically gets cheated out of the win when he was in complete control of the fight up until Rumble threw an illegal headbutt.

So finally UFC then decided to do what's right after screwing this guy over again and again. They finally give him his well deserved title shot against DC. Gus nearly kos DC and by some miracle fluke, DC steals the decision win.

I honestly feel bad for the guy and think he makes a serious case as the p4p number 1 right now.the funny thing is he could probably go up to hw and win the belt up there if he decided he wanted to, but he would rather fight the killers in the 205 pound division.

Wish people would give this guy a bit more respect
Oh no, not this again. Gus lost against Jones in a close fight (could have gone either way imo), the fight against Manuwa was not enough to grant him another shot. He lost fair and square against Rumble (and he wasn't in complete control of the fight which only lasted 2 minutes btw) and they clashed heads it happens in a fight. And the calling the fight against DC a fluke is just stupid. Gus got a good knee but was too gassed to finish, DC won a clear UD.
You probably made this thread just to hear this again.

So under appreciated fighters in the UFC... I think Robert Whittaker is a bit under appreciated. The guy has so much potential and especially now he went up to MW. Only 25 and already 7-2 in the UFC. Now on a 5 fight win streak with wins over Tavares, Hall and Natal. And those 3 are no easy fights for anybody.

Michael Bisping, and no one is even close.

The guy is mw champ dispite having only one eye.
He beat the no 4 p4p guy, and a few months ago 2 mws were in sherdogs p4p list, and Bisping is now the no 1 mw, and is not on that list. It is incredible how little respect the guy gets.

Miocic. Only 4 fights went to a decision, where 3 fights were just one-sided beatdowns and his decision loss against JDS was a war and could have went either way.

DC
MM
Gus
Edgar
Post-Conor Aldo

Back