Brock is laughing all the way to the bank

FEDORRULEZ

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
While the whole mma world is going nuts.
As he said , this was only for 1 fight. So he jumped in , cheated ( tested positive in and out of competition)
made his 2.5 million + whatever hidden bonuses . not bad huh ? Sure , he will get to the bottom of it my ass. Go ahead, suspend him for 2 years , make it 20, like he cares. There was absolutely no punishment for him for what he did .
So i do agree with Hunto.
How about this. You get caught cheating , you must return your fight money.
Lets see what brock what be saying if he had to lose 2.5 million.

I don't think they should have to return their fight money. That just seems wrong no matter what they've done. Obviously a penalty but you can't make people fight for free...even cheaters. Especially when their name value basically saved a card that was otherwise fucked.

I understand Hunt but he can be unreasonable, we shouldn't. Brock was the real name in that fight that brought numbers and made it special. the UFC can't start screwing up people like that or it'll be much harder to sign these big names in the future.

what was that dumb contraption Brock made his team use on TUF? some sort of thing to work the arms.

Laughing all the way to the WWE wellness program

I don't think they should have to return their fight money. That just seems wrong no matter what they've done. Obviously a penalty but you can't make people fight for free...even cheaters. Especially when their name value basically saved a card that was otherwise fucked.
So just let them cheat ? How would you feel if you are mark hunt and besides fighting a gorilla as big as brock , that gorilla is on steroids. we are talking about hunts life .

We have no idea what the commission will do so it's premature to say that there will be no consequences.

So just let them cheat ? How would you feel if you are mark hunt and besides fighting a gorilla as big as brock , that gorilla is on steroids. we are talking about hunts life .

You don't let them cheat. He will be penalized...and harshly if not already(haven't really kept up with the saga) Just because circumstances dictate that it doesn't really matter to Brock as it would other MMA fighters doesn't mean his work at UFC 200 should be basically a slave job. Obviously the suits aren't going to have to forfiet any of the extra money they made because Brock Lesnar saved their card. Maybe take away any performance bonuses he made but obviously his show money and PPV money are his and should be his whether he pissed hot or not.

If Hunt ended up knocking his ass out, nobody would be calling for Brock to have put his own ass on the line for free because he pissed hot.

If it's ok to take some of a fighters purse for missing weight, it should be ok to take some of their purse for PEDs.

You don't let them cheat. He will be penalized...and harshly if not already(haven't really kept up with the saga) Just because circumstances dictate that it doesn't really matter to Brock as it would other MMA fighters doesn't mean his work at UFC 200 should be basically a slave job. Obviously the suits aren't going to have to forfiet any of the extra money they made because Brock Lesnar saved their card. Maybe take away any performance bonuses he made but obviously his show money and PPV money are his and should be his whether he pissed hot or not.

If Hunt ended up knocking his ass out, nobody would be calling for Brock to have put his own ass on the line for free because he pissed hot.
Ok I hear your point. But somehow a broker on wall street will go to jail if found to be cheating the system with some illegal software .
so how about this- make them sign in their contract if they cheat , they will loose their fight purse. this way it will be all fair and square.
All im trying to say that if a guy knows that he will lose 2.5 million, he will think twice before injecting that needle and hopefully it would help the sport with cheating.

Perhaps deducting the fighters entire purse is a bit too much. The fact is they did go in there and provide their services for the company they signed a contract with. However a conversation about a significant portion of it being deducted should probably begin.

Maybe his opponent getting a portion of that money, and possibly another portion of it being placed in a pool to distribute extra bonus money for more fighters who performed well on the card.

On a side note....Consider this.

Brock is walking away with no repercussions from this. A guy who was given opportunities in MMA like no other fighter has ever come close to. Someone who never paid their dues to make it where they are, and gets paid more money in 1 night than most vets made in their entire careers. While someone like Pat Healy, who has busted his ass for well over a decade in MMA, and tested positive for fucking THC metabolites lost his 50K bonus, got suspended, and got fined by the AC commission. This crippled him.

something to consider.

Ok I hear your point. But somehow a broker on wall street will go to jail if found to be cheating the system with some illegal software .
so how about this- make them sign in their contract if they cheat , they will loose their fight purse. this way it will be all fair and square.
All im trying to say that if a guy knows that he will lose 2.5 million, he will think twice before injecting that needle and hopefully it would help the sport with cheating.

If a fighter willfully signs a contract with such terms, i definitely wouldn't have any objections to it.

Obviously the differences between the scheming broker and the cheating fighter is a difference between whats punishable by law. Sports cheaters aren't seen as criminals...yet. Though the nature of MMA perhaps should open up that discussion. I see society moving towards accepting PED's before that happens though. That is where it's headed IMO and that is likely when i quit watching sports. You already hear people say they are fine with juiced fighters and it's either get on or get out. That narrative grows stronger every year. The whole "can't beat them so join them" mentality and the large percentage of fighters that use steroids that fans calculate out of their ass everytime somebody gets popped. "EVERYBODY uses"

This penalty doesn't address the problem. The suspensions are a penalty enough. They have to get better at catching the cheaters, not punishing those who are caught more harshly.

Reconsider your favourite fighter being told "We're keeping 50% because this paper I printed says so" from some scummy government employee or promoter.

I would love to see his contract wording. If it is written in such a way that his money was a signing bonus and not a fight purse so that it is separate from the fight purse that they are able to take a percentage of for failing, then you know the whole damn thing was dirty from the start.

tumblr_mzscf0DQ5o1qcytrro1_500.gif
<7>

Brock fucking came in, took teh monies, walked out and rode off into the sunset truly not giving a fuck about anyone's opinions of him and all this "steroid injustice." Brock never claimed to be a fuckin samurai with honor. He's a white boy and he's jacked, deal with it!

Lesnar could have been knocked out at any moment no matter what he put in his body. PED's are not magic drugs they don't turn you into amazing fighters. Brock was already strong and already had wrestling skill.

While the whole mma world is going nuts.
As he said , this was only for 1 fight. So he jumped in , cheated ( tested positive in and out of competition)
made his 2.5 million + whatever hidden bonuses . not bad huh ? Sure , he will get to the bottom of it my ass. Go ahead, suspend him for 2 years , make it 20, like he cares. There was absolutely no punishment for him for what he did .
So i do agree with Hunto.
How about this. You get caught cheating , you must return your fight money.
Lets see what brock what be saying if he had to lose 2.5 million.

He'd be busy.....counting the rest of the 8 million dollars of the PPV-Cut he got.
Hc0dn0E.gif

Back