Woodley will lose to Lawler by being pressured and not having the cardio to press forward for 5 roun

Beejay Pin

Green porridge
Banned
Reaction score
Lawler will use the straight left to beat Woodley to the punch.

I got woodley pulling the upset, either takes him down and GNP"s him. Or rocks him early and finishes him.

Wont be surpised if lawler wins though.

Either could win of course, but I'm going with Lawler. Robbie is the definition of a true fighter. He just doesn't quit. Even when losing (e.g., against Rory), he just keeps fighting. We have not seen Woodley fight through the adversity that Robbie has. Robbie has held on to his belt by the thinnest of margins, but I still favor him over Woodley through pure heart. I don't know if Woodley has the "war" mentality. We'll see.

I actually have no idea who is going to win this fight. Woodley could catch him. Lawler has been hit and rocked in just about all of his last fights. Or we could see Lawler go beast mode in the later rounds and finished a gassed Woodley. I can't even try to predict this one. I'm pulling for Lawler though.

What examples of him gassing can you present? I know he did with Shields, but when else?

If Woodley stands with his back against the cage like he did with Rory, it might be a short night for him. ;)

If Robbie comes forward with that pressure style he's the one going to gas.

When did Robbie (who I love as a fighter) become a cardio machine? He takes whole rounds off in fights to conserve energy.

If Robbie comes forward with that pressure style he's the one going to gas.

When did Robbie (who I love as a fighter) become a cardio machine? He takes whole rounds off in fights to conserve energy.

I don't think Robbie's cardio is top not or bad, but he has proven capable of a five round war. Like you said, he even if he can't fight 25 mins, he's found ways to pace himself and win the fights.

Tyro, often is a bait and explode attacker. He's going to lose that burst and Lawler is capable of stealing rounds late.

In the end I wouldn't put a strong prediction out there, considering they are/were training partners who knows how this fight may look. The could get into a boring grove, throw out wild game plans, or go to war. I'm not sure what to expect besides some MMA boxing.

If Woodley stands with his back against the cage like he did with Rory, it might be a short night for him. ;)
No "might" about it. That's the last place he wants to end up.

Woodley has a shot in the early rounds. He does have big power and fast twitch muscles. But after round 2 he's screwed. Bring on Wonderboy.

Back