Rewatched Amanda Nunes vs Shevchenko

Vulcan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
1rd valentina barely throws a punch she is mostly looking to counter, amanda's output is higher she mostly punches air but she connects a lot of baby kicks and scores 2 takedowns in the last minute.

2rd valentina is less tentative but she gets taken down off a kick early in the round she proceeds to get dominated by ground and pound and comes close to getting submitted. it's an easier round for amanda.

3rd amanda goes for a takedown after getting hit but gets reversed and valentina ends up on top she doesn't do a lot of damage and amanda gets up but she begins to fade and she mostly hits air and holds back while valentina slightly increses her output.

it's an obvious 29-28 for amanda but i feel like a rematch it's gonna end up with amanda winning the first couple rounds but gassing and val wins a 5rd fight. it's pretty obvious nunes isn't a 5rd fighter.

That is the general consensus. Also, I think her win over Holy may help her attitude-wise going into her next fight. Her fights in the UFC have been a huge step-up in terms of competition, so more time fighting at this level in MMA will certainly help.

Ya, I'm pretty sure Nunes/Shevchenko 2 looks similar to Gadelha/Jedrzejczyk 2

I thought that fight was significant, I wasn't on Sherdog, yet. I think Valentina and Amanda are going to be better than Holly and Meisha. Ronda will always have that dominant run, but I think the genie has left the lamp, on that one. Pillow bless#
<24>

Yeah if Shevchenko weathers the storm she usually puts on punishment.

I want to see the rematch over Pena's title shot.

So you mean you're saying... What most of us have been saying ? Going back to that Nunes vs Shevchenko fight, right ?

Great call. I agree 100%.

giphy.gif

Nunes/Shevchenko featured a super tentative Shevchenko. She was much more aggressive vs Holm. she gave that Nunes fight away looking to counter too much, and even then, came on strong as Nunes faded. Down 5 rounds, I don't favor any fighter in the division besides maybe Tate over Shevchenko.

I didn't think Nunes won....she scared too.

Om wot.......Valentina had 0 argument for winning the 1st fight. Amanda clearly took the 1st 10-9 and rd 2 could and prolly shouldve been 10-8 for Nunes. Even if u gave Valentina a 10-8 in the 3rd she still loses. What were u smoking lol?

Shevchenko fights would end up in a draw every time if her opponents didnt get frustrated with her standing there ready to counter. She's worse than Machida.

Either way I'm sick of these WBW's trying to choose who gets to fight them. Aside from Bisping the mens champions say they will fight whoever's next in line I know Ronda went off her rocker after being beat but at least she faced whoever they put in front of her.

No doubt in my mind Valentina would have beat her if it were five rounds. A rematch will only be better for her.

MT chicks are not here to take part, the're here to take ova.
Valentina
Karolina
Joanna

LETS GO.

Om wot.......Valentina had 0 argument for winning the 1st fight. Amanda clearly took the 1st 10-9 and rd 2 could and prolly shouldve been 10-8 for Nunes. Even if u gave Valentina a 10-8 in the 3rd she still loses. What were u smoking lol?
It seems the 10-8 rounds are coming up a lot. I think a round has to be pretty dominant with a bunch of damage to pull a 10-8. Just being in a dominant position, even for the majority of a round doesn't really hit the 10-8 for me personally. there are a lot of wrestling fans out there that may argue that parking on top of someone and landing something here and there is enough but I don't agree. Edgar/Maynard is what I would call a 10-8. Fedor/Maldinado, 10-8. I didn't really see a 10-8 in s fight.

I will need to rewatch to know for sure, you may be right but my aging memory rejects this for now.

It seems the 10-8 rounds are coming up a lot. I think a round has to be pretty dominant with a bunch of damage to pull a 10-8. Just being in a dominant position, even for the majority of a round doesn't really hit the 10-8 for me personally. there are a lot of wrestling fans out there that may argue that parking on top of someone and landing something here and there is enough but I don't agree. Edgar/Maynard is what I would call a 10-8. Fedor/Maldinado, 10-8. I didn't really see a 10-8 in s fight.

I will need to rewatch to know for sure, you may be right but my aging memory rejects this for now.

Nunes was dominant in the 2nd. I think it deserved a 10-8 for sure.

Even if it wasnt Nunes still clearly won the 1st 2 rounds, so theres no argument for Valentina having won that fight.

Back