Luke Thomas likens PED use to superior genetics in terms of 'fairness'

Mob69

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Today's MMA Fighting Live Chat was enjoyable. Luke Thomas finally came out with his true views on PEDs.

He doesn't think PEDs are all that bad, on the grounds that sport is inherently unfair. He pointed to some people possessing superior genetics compared to others as an example of 'unfairness', and repeatedly returned to this point. Luke then mentioned that he has recently undergone a DNA test and discovered that he has zero genetic athleticism. The idea that PEDs might 'violate the spirit of the sport' is 'a total non-starter for me'. It is 'bankrupt'. He favours minimal testing and wants to see 'excellence' when he switches on the TV.

I find comparing illegal chemical enhancement to genetic advantage simply ridiculous. You have no human right to excel in sport, or anything else. Luke's argument is bogus. Let's test this by applying Luke's own logic. Let's say I am an excellent and gifted theoretical physicist. Someone else who lacks my genetically-determined intelligence would, according to Luke, be fully justified in cheating on tests and experiments in order to compete with me. Moreover, for me to complain about this is 'bankrupt' and 'a total non-starter'.

That's stupid. One might even say it's the argument of a donk.

Luke then embarrassed himself further by stating that 'anybody who tries to boil an ethical dilemma down to "are you clean or are you dirty?" is someone with a fundamentally unserious position'. The whole purpose of an ethical dilemma is to separate right from wrong, Luke.

It's striking that Luke doesn't put the onus on the individual to obey civilised norms (a bit like his defence of Jon Jones). Like a true ideological statist, he then started banging on about the failures of commissions to regulate the sport properly and protect people from bad referees - as if that is even connected to the separate issue of PEDs. It's interesting that Luke always looks to the government rather than the individual, isn't it?

EDIT: Latest from Luke:

Last edited:
3eef9e856462030c9a21ae3cc63d27084298b7ba1ec2b8deffd6c09dcc222496.jpg

You destroyed Luke here.

Luke is probably trying to justify his own use now.

Looks like Luke's DNA just started to kick-in.

Giijdt9.png

And obviously defending Jon Jones'.

Having said that, I don't care if fighters juice or not.

i usually agree with Luke but he has lost his damn mind with his theory. Sounds like one of those Social Justice Warriors who claim life is unfair and therefore its our moral duty to even the playing field for all people regardless of the method. The ends justify the means, smh

Luke Thomas definitely beat you up and took your lunch money once, I'm sure of it now.

Definitely worth watching Luke's 25-minute rant near the beginning:

He doesn't think PEDs are all that bad, on the grounds that sport is inherently unfair. He pointed to some people possessing superior genetics compared to others as an example of 'unfairness'

His starting point seems to be that equality = fairness. Typical leftie. If what you're saying is right then he seems to think that people who are athletically gifted are a privileged minority and it's unfair that they exist.

Last edited:
He's just even more lost after finding out his hero Jon "If you hate him, you're racist" Jones popped and is scrambling.

hey, look, the anti-PED crusader

but luke thomas' idea is completely insane

he's like that liberal that want equality at all costs, even though we were born unequal and that's just part of what we are

So if he thinks this, dies he not support Jobes currently due to him being both gifted and enhanced?

You destroyed Luke here.

Luke is probably trying to justify his own use now.

Looks like Luke's DNA just started to kick-in.

Giijdt9.png

And obviously Jon Jones'.

Having said that, I don't care if fighters juice or not.

Thanks, dude. That said, destroying Luke isn't difficult. He is nowhere near as intelligent as he believes himself to be. Hanging with Helwani and Wagenheim has given Luke a distorted sense of himself. I like puncturing pomposity and invigilating illogical arguments.

Definitely worth watching Luke's 25-minute rant near the beginning:

How do you honestly get through these videos, man?

I cannot control the urge to turn off his videos after a couple minutes, sometimes even less. The guy is long-winded and struggles to get to the point.

Last edited:
Training is hard, most guys just want their bodies to feel fresh and not destroyed, it's science.

Didn't he say he won't defend Jones anymore? So why is it that everything he says is basically defending Jones (directly or indirectly)?

He's a nut-hugger if ever there was one. He makes most Sherdoggers look like calm, balanced, well-adjusted individuals with thoughtful insight by comparison. What a fucking joke.

His starting pointing seems to be that equality = fairness. Typical leftie. If what you're saying is right then he seems to think that people who are athetically gifted are a privileged minority and it's unfair that they exist.

Yes, exactly. Typical crude Bolshevism.

Didn't he say he won't defend Jones anymore? So why is it that everything he says is basically defending Jones (directly or indirectly)?

He's a nut-hugger if ever there was one. He makes most Sherdoggers look like calm, balanced, well-adjusted individuals with thoughtful insight by comparison. What a fucking joke.

LOL. Good one bro. Luke is a donk.

oh look... its you again, with the anti-luke agenda.

Back