Nate Diaz' recent mainstream exposure since beating McGregor

trustno1

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Recently he gets lots of interviews since he beat Conor. I watched his appearance on Conan. I'm kinda glad he gets that exposure, because casuals have the opportunity to see that he's a cool down to earth guy. Lots of people before that hated on the Diaz Bros (some still do I guess), because they don't bother to research about their philosophy and background, and judge them only on what they see during the promotion of the fights and the fights themselves with the taunting and all that.

Link for the Conan interview:

Changed it how? Conor is still the champion and still brings in huge numbers and still gets paid a ton of money.

He's champion because he fights in another weight class instead of defending.

And that massive money might fade if he loses to Nate ...... again. He'll still be a draw, but two losses in a row to the same guy has to hurt.

Then there is the whole dropping back to 145 thing.... it seemed quite tough (the weight cut) in the past.

He has a massive amount of pressure on him at the moment, we'll see how he handles it.

Holly had her 15 minutes of fame too. After beating Ronda she was on every talk show and shit.

This is all paid for by the UFC anywah

Nate has really become mainstream, and a fan favorite.

At some of the recent UFC events, when the cameras went into the crowd and panned on him, you could actually here the crowd roaring. haha

Diaz bros, love or hate them, are fun mixed martial artists, who always come to throw down.

Recently he gets lots of interviews since he beat Conor. I watched his appearance on Conan.
Pretty sure UFC works with Talent agencies and pays for their fighters to be there.

You think Wheaties was like hey let's put Anthony Pettis on there?

As someone said in another thread.. They're trying to burn Diaz out with all these appearances (no pun intended)

Changed it how? Conor is still the champion and still brings in huge numbers and still gets paid a ton of money.
Conor always said he wanted the 155 belt next, and if he can't get through Nate who is a normal LW, he can't pretend that weight had anything to do with it.

All of Conor's fighting a bigger man excuses were such a joke...

Pretty sure UFC works with Talent agencies and pays for their fighters to be there.

Hey man, no one tells TMZ what to do!

I'd forgotten about that. What a random thing.

this isn't even a title fight.

this is not even a fight to get a title fight, is it ?

Nate gives a pretty good interview nowadays.. good thing it wasnt his brother. Would have been a massive shitshow him going around on all the mainstream shows.

It is still all about Conor and Rousey and sometimes Sage and Paige.

Back