Carlos Condit talks about his upcoming fight with Damien Maia and Lawler vs Woodley.

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
"I feel like it gives me more opportunity to do what I need to do in this fight, which is create openings to implement my game against a very tough guy to fight, I think that a win in spectacular fashion over Demian Maia gets me the title shot. I don't see why it wouldn't. Arguably Demian Maia could be the No. 1 contender. The reason he's not is because of his fighting style, not the most exciting dude but he's beat the who's who in the division. So I think that a win over him without a doubt gets me back to a shot and an opportunity to get the belt around my waist.

He's a tough fight. If there was any other way to get to No. 1 contender, I admit I'd probably want to take it too. He's a tough style match-up for me. But I've never backed down from a challenge. It's exciting to me to try to solve the puzzle that is Demian Maia with the tools that I have."

His thoughts on Lawler vs Woodley.

"I think the difference in this fight and the outcome is going to depend on who can keep the pressure on the other guy in those resting periods. Who can push the pace and not let the other guy rest. I'm gonna have to go with Woodley. Robbie Lawler is a phenomenal fighter but he's been in so many wars recently that I'm wondering how much of a toll is that going to take on him?"

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/7/2...ndit-admits-hed-rather-fight-someone-else-but

basically agree with everything he said. Woodley definitely can win early via ko, and a great win over Maia would be massive. Maia has been dominate at 170.

Maia will be incredibly touhg for Condit. Condit never had great TDD. He probably won't get submitted with his grappling skills but he might get wrestlefucked. Maia gasses sometimes though

Maia should be the betting favorite vs the real WW champion Carlos Condit.

I just hate that Condit vs Maia is 5 rounds now. Seems like the brass is putting the screws to Maia. Still a great fight though.

Really interesting fight that could be really boring. I'm torn on who to pick but both guys are in a tough predicament so I hope they both put on a good show. Honestly Maia should be fighting for the title and Condit should be getting a second shot at Woodley

Carlos will have to fight someone else if he wins, no doubt Wonderboy will get the next shot.

Glad that Condit is refocused and ready to go. It's always a goddamned joy to watch him do his thing. Such a solid and well rounded dude.

His only real weaknesses are takedown defense and being fucking clueless when it comes to picking fights.

The best grappler at WW vs the worst TDD at WW. Lucky this is a five rounder so Condit has a chance but definitely a tough one for him.

3 round fight I was sure that Maia was going to stiffle and possibly strangle Condit.

Now that's it's a 5 rounder I'm actually leaning towards Condit. Condit has energy for days. I can see him stopping Maia late or winning the later rounds and getting the nod.

Condit could touch and move his way to a win.

Back