Who wins Ronda Rowdy Rousey VS Valentina Bullet Shevchenko

Who Wins?

• Total voters
J

JollyRants

Valentina-Shevchenko.jpg Who takes it guys Bullet vs Rowdy and why ? Should this fight be next ?

Ronda would be the favorite IMO.

depends on if Ronda can get her down, she is the bigger fighter..... but Val has shown pretty good grappling, if she can keep it standing she would wreck Ronda

picked Ronda, but wouldnt be surprised at any outcome

Valentina KO's Ronda into permanent retirement.

depends on if Ronda can get her down, she is the bigger fighter..... but Val has shown pretty good grappling, if she can keep it standing she would wreck Ronda

picked Ronda, but wouldnt be surprised at any outcome
Yeah, only because Ronda is the bigger fighter, lol
Let's ignore that Shev absolutely struggled with Kaufman who didn't survive a minute with Rousey.
And no, Shev can't keep it standing.

Let's ignore that Shev absolutely struggled with Kaufman who didn't survive a minute with Rousey.
And Holm struggled with Pennington, she'd never beat Rousey!

Valentina is too fast with too good of movement on the feet. She would follow the Holly gameplan and make it very rough on Ronda. She might actually put more leather on her as well. If Ronda has no shot from the outside, she'll struggle immensely with fighters like this.

she in no way struggled in a fight that she took on like a weeks notice, she handed Kaufmann her ass in that fight

also what makes you say that? she controls range well enough, is decent enough in the clinch and has good TDD. Ronda is the bigger fighter and the better grappler, but Vals grappling is better than Ronda's striking..... so its not a clear cut win for Ronda imo

if you think so fair enough, but Val has been fighting since before Ronda even competed in the olympics...... to think she has no chance is idiotic

Holly's key against Ronda is her lateral movement far more then her striking. Ronda is a bulldog who counts on eating one or two punches to gain clinch and then impose her game. Holly sidestepping and continual landing of shots while doing so was key. Not sure yet Bullet has the movement and without that the striking alone is not enough unless you have one punch KO power.

Big Ron would never sign the bout agreement.

Shevchenko via being a hot blonde with crazy strikes.

Why don't we compare their performances against Holly?

Even holly couldn't keep up with shev's movement.

Shev was an awful match up for Holly and I worried about that heading in. She fought a poor 2 rounds against Amanda Nunes, but she had her going in the 3rd round and had the fight completely turned around. Shine wore off of Shev because of two bad rounds. She's dangerous. Really, really dangerous. I think she can handle Rousey without issue.

Holly's key against Ronda is her lateral movement far more then her striking. Ronda is a bulldog who counts on eating one or two punches to gain clinch and then impose her game. Holly sidestepping and continual landing of shots while doing so was key. Not sure yet Bullet has the movement and without that the striking alone is not enough unless you have one punch KO power.

Considering that Valentina made Holly miss something like 3/4 of her strikes and had Nunes stuck on the outside for most of the 1st round, I'd say that her movement is even better than Holly's.

There's 2 problems for Shevchenko against Rousey, Valentina is a slow starter like most Muay Thai fighters while Ronda goes full speed right from the start. There's a decent chance she'll get run over before she can find her rhythm and get things going. She also has a habit of ending up in the clinch after some exchanges which is what got her in trouble with Nunes with about a minute or so left in the 1st round, if she does that against Ronda it's big trouble. I'd say that Shevchenko has all the tools needed to beat Ronda, the question is whether she can put them together and execute.

Considering that Valentina made Holly miss something like 3/4 of her strikes and had Nunes stuck on the outside for most of the 1st round, I'd say that her movement is even better than Holly's.

There's 2 problems for Shevchenko against Rousey, Valentina is a slow starter like most Muay Thai fighters while Ronda goes full speed right from the start. There's a decent chance she'll get run over before she can find her rhythm and get things going. She also has a habit of ending up in the clinch after some exchanges which is what got her in trouble with Nunes with about a minute or so left in the 1st round, if she does that against Ronda it's big trouble. I'd say that Shevchenko has all the tools needed to beat Ronda, the question is whether she can put them together and execute.
I hear ya and would love to see her bust up Ronda and provide us another highlight KO.

But understand that striking avoidance movement is not the same as grappling avoidance movement. Holly's translated perfectly but that does not mean all else will.

We pretty much agree on everything though and that is why this is an interesting fight.

I like Valentina but I don't think she could avoid getting taken down. Not sure how her ground game is but I think there's a good chance she gets subbed

This is an even worse matchup for Ronda than Holly was striking wise. It's hard to discern Valentina's TD defense from the fight with Holly, so it's all going to come down to that. If it stays on the feet, Valentina, if it goes to the ground, Ronda. Classic Striker vs. Grappler matchup.

Back