Easiest Path To Title Shot: Tyron Woodly?

dickcheney

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
NOT COUNTING SHORT NOTICE REPLACEMENTS

who do you guys think had the easiest path to a title shot in modern UFC? (Let's say since FOX)

I think it has to be t woodley.

He got a split decision over gasalumni then spent the next 18 months being undefeated against no challengers

What yall think? Anyone have an easier path than woodley?

thomas450.jpg

Bork?

Chris Cariaso?
Borko was before fox deal, but arguable

I think with respect to their divisions, beating no one at ww is easier than beating anyone at 125... I could be wrong though

Randy Couture against Sylvia. Last fight was a loss at LHW. Received a HW title shot the next year and hadn't fought in the division in ever.

I like the picture of Din Thomas too :icon_lol:

wilson reis had a 1-fight win streak and then got a title shot vs mighty mouse. granted, mighty mouse pulled out with an njury, but still, that matchup left everyone scratching their head.

Randy Couture against Sylvia. Last fight was a loss at LHW. Received a HW title shot the next year and hadn't fought in the division in ever.
Thats probably the pre-fox winner, but I'm kind of wondering post fox when they tried to pretend they had rankings and things

Based off of fights? Chael lost his way to a title shot.

Rose Namajunas has to take the medal.

None of you have heard of her, but she was involved in the first 115lb womens title fight, which she lost to Carla Esparza.

She was 2-1 at the time, coming off a loss. Same record as Brock when he got his shot except Brock wasn't coming off a loss at the time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back