"Fighter A demolished Fighter C WAY quicker than Fighter B" logic fail

Thuckey

I swear to drunk.. I'm not God.
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Something I'm sort of sick of seeing on Sherdog.. Especially when it comes to someobdy like GSP - who had trouble finishing people near the end.

The reason why he UD'd everybody was because he forced his opponents to fight his game. It wasn't just mma, it was mma highly in GSP's favour.

Different people make different styles make different fights. Just because GSP couldn't finish somebody like Hardy, and he did get finished by others, doesn't mean GSP sucks.

Let's imagine there are two different games to chose from.. one is chess (GSP) the other, Candyland (Condit). Hardy plays both because he is playing THEIR game, them being able to win.. in fights he won, maybe he forced his opponent to play his own game. ANYWAYS.

People have different skill sets at different types of games. Chess can go on a bit longer, but the winner clearler dominants the entire match. Candyland by comparision can take a twist here, twist there, resulting in spectaculariyl different results.

MMA math just doesn't work. Stop using the "Fighter A killed Fighter C way faster than Fighter B" argument it does not work in mma, sorry.

inb4 "didnt read lol"

How about Fighter A + Fighter B > Fighter C -Ds nutz

the answer to an MMA Math equation is always wrong....

However, sometimes, (Fighter A + Fighter B) / Fighter C > SUM (Fighter[TEAM α])

Fighter C would be Duane 'Bang' Ludwig. Or something like that.

Ok, so you're saying GSP is better than the guys who finished Hardy, Kos, and Alves.

Nobody is arguing with you.
Some people just wish GSP put more effort into finishing and less effort into mastery of the 10-9 round.

I agree to an extent, but finishing fights makes a much stronger statement than playing a long game like GSP did. It's important for your legacy because it leaves memories for the fans and puts fear in your opponents

GSP could have finished Hardy and refused to. He had the kimura locked and could have broke his arm, Mir Style, but Hardy wouldn't tap so he let go. GSP just wasn't an aggressive guy. Very skilled, though.

Who ever said that GSP sucks? You're creating arguments where none exist.

I remember GSP going on a long streak of victories where he never lost a round. In a way that's harder to do than finishing someone. The likelihood is that he eventually would lose a round. Never happened until pre USADA Hendricks.

Something I'm sort of sick of seeing on Sherdog.. Especially when it comes to someobdy like GSP - who had trouble finishing people near the end.

The reason why he UD'd everybody was because he forced his opponents to fight his game. It wasn't just mma, it was mma highly in GSP's favour.

Different people make different styles make different fights. Just because GSP couldn't finish somebody like Hardy, and he did get finished by others, doesn't mean GSP sucks.

Let's imagine there are two different games to chose from.. one is chess (GSP) the other, Candyland (Condit). Hardy plays both because he is playing THEIR game, them being able to win.. in fights he won, maybe he forced his opponent to play his own game. ANYWAYS.

People have different skill sets at different types of games. Chess can go on a bit longer, but the winner clearler dominants the entire match. Candyland by comparision can take a twist here, twist there, resulting in spectaculariyl different results.

MMA math just doesn't work. Stop using the "Fighter A killed Fighter C way faster than Fighter B" argument it does not work in mma, sorry.
those that think understood this and we stand with your logic.

All variations of MMAth are for retards that can't build a decent argument for theyr opinion

This one is not exception

Mmath doesnt really work and its no crystal ball by any means, but i think they're are still things to be learned from fights where 2 fighters have similiar opponents. Like Jones/Rumble vs Gus.

Ok, so you're saying GSP is better than the guys who finished Hardy, Kos, and Alves.

Nobody is arguing with you.
Some people just wish GSP put more effort into finishing and less effort into mastery of the 10-9 round.

Nobody is arguing with me?

Have you read some of the posts people have made in this regard?

Yes, they are. And it's retarded.

Back