How would Luke Rockhold do in the light heavyweight division?

Dublin

Dont fear me
@Blue
Reaction score
Now that JBJ is out of the picture I think he could be a very strong competitor in this division. Hes a well rounded fighter and easily big enough. He cuts too much to make 185 I think. He won't fight there because Cormier is the champ but since he will probably retire soon do you think he might move up soon? Middleweight has more top competitors that could beat him compared to light heavyweight. What do you think?

XO

Lights out

The right opponents & he could make a showing, but the killerz at the top of the division seem like they would be too much.

Not too well hes always had bad boxing he doesn't get knocked out too often in middleweight because of his range. LHWs have longer reaches that I feel would exploit this weakness more.

I'd expect he could beat anyone in the division other than Jon Jones or Cormier. His loss to Bisping was a huge fluke. Props to Bisping for winning but it was on par with Serra knocking out GSP.

Not sure why he would go up though. Middleweight has plenty of interesting fights for him, Weidman, Romero Jacare etc. LHW is full of old guys currently.

I'd expect he could beat anyone in the division other than Jon Jones or Cormier. His loss to Bisping was a huge fluke. Props to Bisping for winning but it was on par with Serra knocking out GSP.

Not sure why he would go up though. Middleweight has plenty of interesting fights for him, Weidman, Romero Jacare etc. LHW is full of old guys currently.

Thats my point I think interesting fights is another way of saying fights he could lose. In 205 he is less likely to win. Im not positive Bisping loss was a fluke but I do agree that if they fought ten times Luke would win more than he would lose.

He'd be top 5 for sure, but Rumble, Gus, and DC would give him a lot of trouble

The fucker would get his jaw broken...

jaw-fracture2.jpg

Well I think he loses to Glover, Gustafsson, Rumble, and DC. He might be able to beat someone like Bader, or Rashad.

Depends on which Rockhold shows up, but I'd say he'd do well overall. TRT Vitor, Bisping 2 were two fights where he looked genuinely disinterested and off even before the fight started & got punished quick.

not good for Luke at 205 -

We're talking about the guy who just let Bisping destroy him in a few minutes because he thought it would be too easy ...

Rumble, DC and Gus fuck him up

Some others fuck him up too

Stay at MW

Luke already got humbled, you want to get him killed too.

Now that JBJ is out of the picture I think he could be a very strong competitor in this division. Hes a well rounded fighter and easily big enough. He cuts too much to make 185 I think. He won't fight there because Cormier is the champ but since he will probably retire soon do you think he might move up soon? Middleweight has more top competitors that could beat him compared to light heavyweight. What do you think?
There's no reason for him to move up at this point. He's clearly one of the top 3 MWs on the roster right now, whereas he certainly wouldn't be top 3 at LHW. I don't know where you get the idea that he cuts too much weight.

That being said, he is a very big MW, so I don't think that size would be a huge problem against most LHWs. And the division is extremely shallow, so I do think he'd find a level of success there. Guys like Jones, DC, Rumble, and Glover should be clearly favored over him, but I'd give him a very good shot of beating anyone else in the division.

But again, why?

jones dc gus rumble
even glover would eventually catch him

osp misha and guys like that would be a tossup

Head clean off.

Rockhold gets decapitated at LHW.

Back