How Would a Rematch between Khabib and RDA go?

ArtemV

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
It has been two years since Khabib had clearly beaten RDA up.

Both have taken different career paths since then: RDA has won and defended the LW championship until Alvarez took him out, Khabib has been sidelined since then, and only beaten Horcher since 2014.

Some say that Khabib needs another big win, and although he would beat Ferguson, "El Cucoy" seemingly deserves the title shot more.

RDA also needs a rebound, so this fight isn't too bad, right?

RDA has become a better striker, but apart from High (who took him down more than once), he has never fought a good wrestler to test him since Khabib out wrestled him.

It seems much easier for Khabib to out wrestle a guy who has decent, but not great takedown defense, compared to RDA who wants to strike with him and keep it standing.

Who do you think would win this match up? Khabib will be the champ in 2017.

Khabib beating Ferguson isn't a foregone conclusion.

I will tell you what you don't wanna hear: RDA will beat Khabib in the rematch.

RDA has improved a lot in recent years while Khabib just improved his social media skills.
I would say RDA avoid Khabib TD's on the first and finish him on the feet.

Last edited:
fb326d782ae02b91ec88b5e629c636a54b38478f

FUCK i can't find any gifs...

I got it going the same way. Khabib iz on another level.

Repeat of the first, no one is beating Khabib any time soon.

Who knows. RDA's Achilles heel has been TDD. He was taken down at will by Evan Dunham, Khabib, and Jason High after the Khabib fight.

His style is also very straightforward. He comes forward and throws bombs. He doesn't have elusive footwork at all which I feel you need to beat Khabib.

Alvarez or Barboza are far worse matchups for Khabib IMO

Are we taking now or before the Alvarez fight?

Because according to Sherdog, I'm sure before the Alvarez fight RDA would destroy him, and now Khabib ragdolls RDA

If it's a 5 round fight, I think RDA finishes Khabib in the 4th/5th

3 round, I'll take Khabib UD

Khabib ragdolls him again imo.

It all depends on the Khabib that comes back. A couple years out on injury can seriously take it's toll on a fighter. Look no further than his teammate Cain who is merely a shadow of his pre 2 year injury layoff.

If Khabib can return to his previous injury form, I agree, another ragdoll session. I have come to the point where I almost never believe that a fighter out on injury for over 18 months will ever fully recover to the level they enjoyed prior to the injury.

Just depends IMO on how much Khabib will have lost.

I will tell you what you don't wanna hear: RDA will beat Khabib in the rematch.

RDA has improved a lot in recent years while Khabib just improved his social media skills.
I would say RDA avoid Khabib TD's on the first and finish him on the feet.
When has RDA has elusive footwork? I can't remember the last time he defended a takedown. Khabib will finish him this time. RDA is no Cruz.

Are we taking now or before the Alvarez fight?

Because according to Sherdog, I'm sure before the Alvarez fight RDA would destroy him, and now Khabib ragdolls RDA

If it's a 5 round fight, I think RDA finishes Khabib in the 4th/5th

3 round, I'll take Khabib UD
lol what, pre Alvarez and post Alvarez RDA are he same fighters. He hasn't fought one strong wrestler since Khabib.

lol what, pre Alvarez and post Alvarez RDA are he same fighters. He hasn't fought one strong wrestler since Khabib.

Someone can't sense sarcasm...

A fighter wins a fight = GOAT on Sherdog and can beat anyone

A fighter loses a fight = Was never really that good according to Sherdog

Someone can't sense sarcasm...

A fighter wins a fight = GOAT on Sherdog and can beat anyone

A fighter loses a fight = Was never really that good according to Sherdog
Blya, I thought you were serious lol

It's tough to say. Khabib has been inactive for a a couple of years and his last good win was RDA years ago.

RDA has held gold and looked very good in Khabib's absence.

I'd pick dos Anjos.

RDA by decision

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back