A new weight class....

farrella

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Having never seen a superheavyweight class is it just a freak show? It would be nice to see people that don't have to cut or can't cut to 265 go at it.

UFC should uncap the heavyweight division, or at least raise the limit to 285. It could attract more failed football and basketball players. Pride allowed Bob Sapp to fight Big Nog.

Super Heavyweight's have enough cardio to last between 20 and 30 seconds.

why on earth is there a 265 limit anyways? there's no upper limit in boxing or BJJ (although there is a limit in olympic wrestling.)

it's hard enough as is to find good big men. why force them to cut weight to reach 265?

Yeah it's pretty much a shit show, if it was a UFC weight class I'm sure some of the more legit HWs would start fighting at that weight class but it would still be mostly fat guys.

What we really need is a Women's HW division

heavy-mma-torreyu-maxfield.jpg

The division izn't deep enough.

Maybe Bellator will be interested.

most of the heavyweights already suck, no more please

UFC should uncap the heavyweight division, or at least raise the limit to 285. It could attract more failed football and basketball players. Pride allowed Bob Sapp to fight Big Nog.
what failed basketball players can't make 265?

The 265 lbs cap makes no fuckin sense. Don't tell me that it's there to prevent fatties with dodgy heart from competing because that doesn't make any sense either.

The 265 lbs cap makes no fuckin sense. Don't tell me that it's there to prevent fatties with dodgy heart from competing because that doesn't make any sense either.
Dada 5000 reference?

Need to bump all weight classes up 10 lbs and 20 lbs more for HW

Dada 5000 reference?

No, not really. Some guys make the argument that it would lead to grossly overweight fighters competing inside the octagon. The performances would be terrible and with morbidly obese dudes throwing leather, it'd be a trainwreck about to happen. I don't see how that makes sense. UFC could independently try to get their medicals done, comprehensively, if they don't trust the athletic commission with their methods, problem solved.

No need for a SHW div, just uncap the 265 limit at HW. it's retarded there is a limit anyway

Who the hell would even be natural for a SHW division? Butterbean and maybe Akebono?

Super heavyweight would be between Ronda and Matt Serra
At least Serra wouldn't drop 30lbs to be a heavyweight <41>

It's just two mega fat people who take a nap in the middle of the ring/cage until the ref gets bored and randomly picks one to win

Having never seen a superheavyweight class is it just a freak show? It would be nice to see people that don't have to cut or can't cut to 265 go at it.
Unfortunately they've done super heavyweight in the past and it turns into a shitshow of zero cardio and guys gassing in 20 seconds.

Back