You guys should hespect ballsy BJ Penn...

CereserBr

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
For being a small guy and have competed as big as HW... Hespect Penn.

Welcome to the party. You're late.

Thanks. None of us knew anything about him....

Every few months, someone needs to remind us of how lazy BJ Penn always was but wanted to fight, regardless of his laziness.

We get it. He fought at HW because he was fat and lazy.

His ballsiness was mostly due to his unwillingness to train like a champion, which is why he will never get the credit he probably deserved.

Every few months, someone needs to remind us of how great BJ Penn always was but wanted to fight, regardless of his motivation which sometimes hampered him. It is also a shame he was cheated out of decisions by corrupt judges.
I agree, It should be a weekly thread, or perhaps daily.

Pff he was ducking super HW

I've always respected Penn's complete disregard for a proper MMA training camp.

Every few months, someone needs to remind us of how lazy BJ Penn always was but wanted to fight, regardless of his laziness.

We get it. He fought at HW because he was fat and lazy.

His ballsiness was mostly due to his unwillingness to train like a champion, which is why he will never get the credit he probably deserved.
BJ is old school man... training camps, strategy, weight classes... all for pussies on his mind... TO THE DEATH!

I definitely respect BJ, but him fighting in higher weight classes had a lot to do with his lack of discipline as well.

For being a small guy and have competed as big as HW... Hespect Penn.
speaking as a "can" who lives in hawaii, and who knows bj through my wifes best friend... i know many things about the prodigy which will never be said on sherdog. that said, this thread sucks.

Sorry, would respect bj penn more if he never fought above a weight class available to him... He should have been putting in work sub 170

Going to HW realistically was kind of an easy cop out. No risk to his reputation, all reward

He did great things, but in hindsight he's looking more like a flash in the pan since he couldn't focus and hold shit down like MM

Or to the 4th, where he quit.
I'd quit too...
greasing2.gif

Or to the 4th, where he quit.

Putting that loss of Penn's lack of will rather than the hellacious beating Georges was putting on him is an injustice to both men and the fight. I think most fighters would have been done early in the third.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back