Herb Dean's Finest Moments (Worst Mistakes)

If he didn't stand up Gonzaga vs CC he probably would've finished that fight via submission or GnP instead of that amazing headkick.. thank you Herb!

yeah but that movie clip (monster brawl) was among herb's finest moments

Out of all Herb's fights... and this is all he's done wrong!? Seems like a pretty record to me. And let's be honest, they're trying to fault Herb for stopping a Shamrock fight...

Out of all Herb's fights... and this is all he's done wrong!? Seems like a pretty record to me. And let's be honest, they're trying to fault Herb for stopping a Shamrock fight...
You think these are his only mistakes? Did you see him stop the black French HW vs the Russian last Saturday. early as hell..
Fedor Hendo was biased as hell also. Hendo get knocked down no stoppage fedor then get knocked out for maybe 2 seconds and herb jumps in there while fedor rolling into guard? Herb stops early and seems biased in a lot of fights.other than that he is the worst, big John will give both fighters a chance to recover.

that faber/barao stoppage is one of the worst ive ever seen

I was waiting for the Arlovski one. I remember seeing that live and being a fan of AA, but giving such a WTF as he's grabbing the fence to keep his balance and top position while he pounds him out with the other hand. Ridiculous :icon_lol:

Herb is without a doubt the most inconsistant ref there is. what about the machida/rockhold. Letting that fight go on wayyyy too long. Then, next fight, he may stop the fight wayyyy too quick. he is extremely inconsistant and always has been..

By far his worst offence was when he was looking to justify allowing Hendo's shots to the back of the head in an interview. He seriously claimed that he didn't call them because he didn't think they were intentional despite this very clearly NOT being the rule with regards to fouls, a foul will always result in a break but intension will be the difference between an NC or a DQ or point deduction.

Questionable calls when a ref might not see something or misjudge it is one thing but outright showing either ignorance or deliberate misinterpretation of the rules is quite another.

I honestly still think he is one of the best referees in the UFC. Guy leads so many fights that he's bound to mistake once in a while. Any other referee would've made a lot more mistakes with those amount of fights

Fedor-Hendo looks even worse after Maldonado fight...

Still Not as bad as that blonde woman ref.

hi-res-5756230_crop_north.jpg

You think these are his only mistakes? Did you see him stop the black French HW vs the Russian last Saturday. early as hell..
Fedor Hendo was biased as hell also. Hendo get knocked down no stoppage fedor then get knocked out for maybe 2 seconds and herb jumps in there while fedor rolling into guard? Herb stops early and seems biased in a lot of fights.other than that he is the worst, big John will give both fighters a chance to recover.

So a ref shouldn't stop the fight on a KO?

Herb is without a doubt the most inconsistant ref there is. what about the machida/rockhold. Letting that fight go on wayyyy too long. Then, next fight, he may stop the fight wayyyy too quick. he is extremely inconsistant and always has been..
1. Lets Arlovski cheat in multiple ways leading to a KO while he is the marketing fave

2. Stops Hendo/Fedor early when Fedor is the marketing enemy

3. Stops McMann/Ronda early when Ronda is the marketing fave

4. Stands up CC/Gonzaga wrongly when CC is the marketing fave

5. Stops Barao/Faber early when Barao is marketed as P4P #1 (and lol at that time period)

Seems pretty remarkably consistent to me actually.

Not trying to cut him any slack... those were horrible.

But thats 10 minutes out of 10.000 hes refereed. He is not that bad all the time.

Herb "Quick Stoppage" Dean can easily be considered 1 of the worst refs of all time. Yes Herb has blundered more times than even Steve Mazzagatti.

Back