An end to the "Ronda fought cans" argument

Ar145984

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Here is the fucking Holm-Ronda KO .gif, there you go, like it, you fucking meme sheep.

c781b103de6673a0a52375043bbd8be6.gif

Now onto my point. There has been an argument perpetuating amongst these forums that WBW suddenlly got "Massively improved in quality" ever since Ronda left. I am here to argue that what you are witnessing is merely the illusion of improved quality from a lack of dominant champions. People are now hailing Amanda Nunes as some great WBW fighter, but lets look at the FACTS.

The current WBW 135 rankiings are

Brazil.png
Amanda Nunes

United-States-of-AmericaUSA.png
Miesha Tate

03 Valentina Shevchenko

04 Holly Holm

05 Ronda Rousey

06 Julianna Pena

Cat Zingano

Sara McMann

Canada.png
Alexis Davis

Canada.png
Sarah Kaufman

The first question I would like to ask is, which of these is undefeated? Go ahead, answer. Silent? Oh, that's right. They have all lost at one point so there's THAT.

Current "Amazingly non-can" champ Amanda Nunes has four losses, including Sarah DAleio, Cat Zingano and Alexis Davis (All three which Ronda absolutely destroyed embarrasingly). Oh, wait, you have a counter argument? Suddenly those loses don't count because in the past 2 years she has transformed into a GOAT due to a new camp? LOL, sorry buddy it doesnt work that way.

Next is Meisha Tate, do we have to talk about how Ronda embarrased her twice? When has Meisha not ever been in the mix when Ronda was dominant champ? I guess three times must be a charm because suddenly Meisha is an NCAA champion according to everyone here.

Valentina Shev is sorta a newer upcomer in the scene, and has the right to be considered a top contender. She's the only one I would argue has legitimately increased the competition, but not by a tenfold like Shertards are acting. Although she has lost to Nunes before and had a close fight with Sarah Kaufman (Another "Can" destroyed by Rousey easily"

Holly Holm is the only person to ever beat Ronda, in a fight and in a round. She has a legitimately passive and distance focused style that requires a higher level of striking skill to bridge, plus she's long and strong. However, even SHE lost to Meisha Tate (Dominated by rousey) and Valentina (A smaller striker). In fact, she has never defended her belt, like Tate.

Julliana Pena hardly warrents much for her position, she is your typical fighter that Rousey would fight.

And need I explain how Rousey destroyed the rest of the top 10?? So please explain to me how WBW has improved "leaps fold".

TL;DR: The reality is, people have a personal dislike for Ronda. So they want to tarnish her legacy by claiming she never fought good fighters, which is a cowardly and disrespectful thing to do. The reality is she was a very dangerous force in her weightclass and if she returns will still be. What is the more likelyhood? Suddenly everyone takes their training seriously RIGHT after Ronda leaves, or simply the lack of a dominant champ makes things appear more competitive?

She didn't destroy Zingano, Zingano shit the bed mentally.

Ronda never had credible striking and got away with until she faced someone with a legit striking background.

If you look at her 2nd fight with Miesha, Miesha was tagging her a lot but had this ridiculous game plan to engage Rousey on the ground rather than to stick and move.

I think the point is that WMMA is a "can" as a whole

Oh, wait, you have a counter argument? Suddenly those loses don't count because in the past 2 years she has transformed into a GOAT due to a new camp? LOL, sorry buddy it doesnt work that way.

RDA would beg to differ. He went from mid-tier LW to dominating everyone in a two year or less span.

Anybody that says Ronda fought cans should clearly not be taking seriously when discussing her reign.

they say the same shit about every dominant fighter

fedor fought roided cans on roids
anderson silva dominated a can division
gsp laid on cans
rousey fought soccer mom cans
jon jones fought good fighters that were made cans with age when he fought them

the only non cans in mma are the ones they didnt fight.

She didn't destroy Zingano, Zingano shit the bed mentally.
giphy.gif

This is destruction, call it what you will. I can use the "Shit the bed mentally excuse" for any fight. Including Holm

If Ronda fought good fighters you wouldn't be forced to make this thread.

I blame Ronda.

If Ronda fought good fighters you wouldn't be forced to make this thread.

I blame Ronda.

People are stupid and circlejerk whenever they can all to agree to hate on someone.

Including Ronda and Conor.

giphy.gif

This is destruction, call it what you will. I can use the "Shit the bed mentally excuse" for any fight. Including Holm

Come on now, Zingano was clearly over emotional and that caused her to recklessly charge into her.

Ronda is a great competitor and has the composure to punish such mistake.

Come on now, Zingano was clearly over emotional and that caused her to recklessly charge into her.

Rousey was over emotional and that caused her to charge in.

I can do this all day bud.

She didn't fight cans she fought vases

Here is the fucking Holm-Ronda KO .gif, there you go, like it, you fucking meme sheep.

c781b103de6673a0a52375043bbd8be6.gif

Now onto my point. There has been an argument perpetuating amongst these forums that WBW suddenlly got "Massively improved in quality" ever since Ronda left. I am here to argue that what you are witnessing is merely the illusion of improved quality from a lack of dominant champions. People are now hailing Amanda Nunes as some great WBW fighter, but lets look at the FACTS.

The current WBW 135 rankiings are

Brazil.png
Amanda Nunes

Miesha Tate

03 Valentina Shevchenko

04 Holly Holm

05 Ronda Rousey

06 Julianna Pena

Cat Zingano

Sara McMann

Canada.png
Alexis Davis

Canada.png
Sarah Kaufman

The first question I would like to ask is, which of these is undefeated? Go ahead, answer. Silent? Oh, that's right. They have all lost at one point so there's THAT.

Current "Amazingly non-can" champ Amanda Nunes has four losses, including Sarah DAleio, Cat Zingano and Alexis Davis (All three which Ronda absolutely destroyed embarrasingly). Oh, wait, you have a counter argument? Suddenly those loses don't count because in the past 2 years she has transformed into a GOAT due to a new camp? LOL, sorry buddy it doesnt work that way.

Next is Meisha Tate, do we have to talk about how Ronda embarrased her twice? When has Meisha not ever been in the mix when Ronda was dominant champ? I guess three times must be a charm because suddenly Meisha is an NCAA champion according to everyone here.

Valentina Shev is sorta a newer upcomer in the scene, and has the right to be considered a top contender. She's the only one I would argue has legitimately increased the competition, but not by a tenfold like Shertards are acting. Although she has lost to Nunes before and had a close fight with Sarah Kaufman (Another "Can" destroyed by Rousey easily"

Holly Holm is the only person to ever beat Ronda, in a fight and in a round. She has a legitimately passive and distance focused style that requires a higher level of striking skill to bridge, plus she's long and strong. However, even SHE lost to Meisha Tate (Dominated by rousey) and Valentina (A smaller striker). In fact, she has never defended her belt, like Tate.

Julliana Pena hardly warrents much for her position, she is your typical fighter that Rousey would fight.

And need I explain how Rousey destroyed the rest of the top 10?? So please explain to me how WBW has improved "leaps fold".

TL;DR: The reality is, people have a personal dislike for Ronda. So they want to tarnish her legacy by claiming she never fought good fighters, which is a cowardly and disrespectful thing to do. The reality is she was a very dangerous force in her weightclass and if she returns will still be. What is the more likelyhood? Suddenly everyone takes their training seriously RIGHT after Ronda leaves, or simply the lack of a dominant champ makes things appear more competitive?
My thoughts on improvement are now we have multiple great strikers in the division. Also, BW was under a cloud of 1st round armbar loss to Ronda no matter who she fought. Now there is a much greater parity and I feel top 5 are all capable of beating each other.

they say the same shit about every dominant fighter

fedor fought roided cans on roids
anderson silva dominated a can division
gsp laid on cans
rousey fought soccer mom cans
jon jones fought good fighters that were made cans with age when he fought them

the only non cans in mma are the ones they didnt fight.

Spot on

Rousey was over emotional and that caused her to charge in.

I can do this all day bud.

Nah, that's how Ronda fights every time. it's just that it doesn't work against someone with the striking pedigree of Holm.

Ronda was always vulnerable to being beaten like this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back