Do exotic/distant training camps = less testing?

tuff juice

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Does training out of somewhere like Peru or Thailand basically make it a lot harder for the USADA to test consistently?
Seems obvious that it would.
Remember a recent MW contender used to go up in the mountains and reportedly had lookouts for potential testers.
Anytime I hear someone is training overseas, when they dont live overseas, it raises the People's Eyebrow, right?

When I heard Holm had been tested 14 times and Shevchenko was training out of Peru, I thought, it would cost a bunch of $$$$ to fly from US to Peru to test Sheva that many times. Seems pretty unfair. Love Shevchenko too. Just unfair.

When I heard Holm had been tested 14 times and Shevchenko was training out of Peru, I thought, it would cost a bunch of $$$$ to fly from US to Peru to test Sheva that many times. Seems pretty unfair. Love Shevchenko too. Just unfair.
Yeah but is there room under the cage in Lima?

In other news Santa Clause met with representatives from various MMA gyms,to discuss investement opportunities in new training facilities north of the arctic...

Vitor goes and does "elevation training", this raises his levels of something or other...

I've always wondered that. Having a training camp in Chechnya or even...Iceland... Would seem extremely inconvenient and would open up less testing

Conor and Rocky Balboa think so:

image-14.jpg

b191155edc7cb520e81a3c8fd4f02669.jpg

The fools are even wearing matching jackets.....

set your camp up to somewhere so secluded, USADA needs to hire sherpas to get there. TS is onto something...

In theory it shouldn't. it is more expensive but they should fly someone over there. In Aldo's case there was a rumor though that Brazillian's notfied Aldo when the USADA guy arrive din brazil.
And obviously for not as popular fighters USADA might test less often ebcause of how much it costs.

Some testig organizations work along local commisions and agencies though I don't know if USADA does though

You think alot of the nfl players spending their entire off seasons in remote areas overseas and staying off social media now when they are away is a coincidence?

If you look back, a certain dutch heavyweight fighter in the ufc has done it many times.

Maybe Jackson's can open an affiliate on Mt.Everest?

Take that Novitzky!

In theory it shouldn't. it is more expensive but they should fly someone over there. In Aldo's case there was a rumor though that Brazillian's notfied Aldo when the USADA guy arrive din brazil.
And obviously for not as popular fighters USADA might test less often ebcause of how much it costs.

Some testig organizations work along local commisions and agencies though I don't know if USADA does though
No there wasn't, unless you mean someone on Sherdog said it.

But the way that played out would suggest they didn't know someone was coming to test.

This came up quite a bit already when Conor was in Iceland. USADA has testing setup around the world. I'm sure its possible to get really far away from them but Novitsky will track you down.

No there wasn't, unless you mean someone on Sherdog said it.

In which case it was clearly a fact.

This came up quite a bit already when Conor was in Iceland. USADA has testing setup around the world. I'm sure its possible to get really far away from them but Novitsky will track you down.

Iceland is pretty small, no chance to out run Novitsky there...that guy is like a blood hound.

If I were a fighter (who dopes obviously), I'd just adopt some crazy religion that requires a pilgrimage, this religion would not be able to use technology (hence no phone, sorry Jeff) and everyone in the religion must take a vow of silence (can't confess anything or discuss needle marks) unless fighting in a cage (still get to promote) - it would be a very very specific religion...but I demand it be respected.

Basically I'd pretend I am some kind of Amish and dope up in the fields of Pennsylvania, bench pressing sheep until I am jacked as hell, I'd wear the wacky hat out to the cage too - "It's time to get medieval on your ass"

Yes. Especially Thailand with Tiger MT over there.

and the tiger guys have been tested multiple times, in thailand

For god sake people, why would testers fly from the US, thats not how it works. USADA work in tandem with national anti doping agencies around the world.. USADA dont fly to other countries, they get other countries NADA's to do the testing.

I've always wondered that. Having a training camp in Chechnya or even...Iceland... Would seem extremely inconvenient and would open up less testing

actually the headquarters of Icelandic Anti Doping (INOC) is actually only ten minutes drive from Gunny's gym.. so no, Iceland is not a particular safe place to go.

Back