Let's talk about Mark Hunt..

Colin

Better than you
@red
Reaction score
I have to say I'm unpleasantly surprised with Mark Hunt's meltdown over Lesnar getting popped.

A number of reasons make his behaviour very bizarre. Let's put this in context -

1) He was fighting Brock Lesnar. You know? The guy with the most ridiculous build /stature most of us have ever witnessed for a white person. A WWE fighter. This is a guy Hunt initially said he didn't care if he took steroids. So now....why the shock? And why the reaction? If you were so fervently against PED's, why is your voice only being heard after a loss? Be consistent or else look like a sore loser.

2) Hunt is a guy who fought in PRIDE when testing didn't really exist. It's pretty obvious what went on over in Japan. He can't have been that oblivious. So, instead, Hunt is losing the plot because he fought in the UFC, got paid more than he ever has done for the pleasure, and is now taking umbridge at the whole thing? Logically, that doesn't make any sense.

How do we reconcile this?

Well - ask yourself this - would Hunt be acting like this if he won the fight? Doubtful. It was a poor performance by Hunt and i think this frustates him - quite rightly!

So...what this leaves is someone dealing with a loss poorly and secondly having got fed up with PED users and UFC treatment. The latter is fair enough but the way he is conducting himself is not exactly cloaking him in glory.

Mark - if you don't like the game that much, retire. It's sad but it is what it is. Don't participate willingly and then when it doesn't go your way act appalled after the fact. You are loved by many but your recent outbursts are quite embarrassing for a professional athlete, despite you being in the right. So either convey your message a different way, and be consistent, or else get on with it and make some more cheese.

Cliffs - Hunt has never freaked out about PED's before despite being PRIDE veteran. Freaks out, out of all proportions after an embarrassing loss. Needs to consider how it approaches things.

I have to say I'm unpleasantly surprised with Mark Hunt's meltdown over Lesnar getting popped.

A number of reasons make his behaviour very bizarre. Let's put this in context -

1) He was fighting Brock Lesnar. You know? The guy with the most ridiculous build /stature most of us have ever witnessed for a white person. A WWE fighter. This is a guy Hunt initially said he didn't care if he took steroids. So now....why the shock? And why the reaction? If you were so fervently against PED's, why is your voice only being heard after a loss? Be consistent or else look like a sore loser.

2) Hunt is a guy who fought in PRIDE when testing didn't really exist. It's pretty obvious what went on over in Japan. He can't have been that oblivious. So, instead, Hunt is losing the plot because he fought in the UFC, got paid more than he ever has done for the pleasure, and is now taking umbridge at the whole thing? Logically, that doesn't make any sense.

How do we reconcile this?

Well - ask yourself this - would Hunt be acting like this if he won the fight? Doubtful. It was a poor performance by Hunt and i think this frustates him - quite rightly!

So...what this leaves is someone dealing with a loss poorly and secondly having got fed up with PED users and UFC treatment. The latter is fair enough but the way he is conducting himself is not exactly cloaking him in glory.

Mark - if you don't like the game that much, retire. It's sad but it is what it is. Don't participate willingly and then when it doesn't go your way act appalled after the fact. You are loved by many but your recent outbursts are quite embarrassing for a professional athlete, despite you being in the right. So either convey your message a different way, and be consistent, or else get on with it and make some more cheese.

Cliffs - Hunt has never freaked out about PED's before despite being PRIDE veteran. Freaks out, out of all proportions after an embarrassing loss. Needs to consider how it approaches things.

Hunt didn't freak out about PEDs in Pride, because no rules were broken. There was an even playing field.

Hunt is freaking out in the UFC because 1) Brock broke the rules and juiced 2) Dana colluded to allow Brock to break the rules .

Any other question?

Once those salaries were released, that's when Mark truly began to give a shit. He doesn't seem to be concerned with the loss (which will most likely be turned into a NC). He's been yapping about the guys purse.

Don't participate willingly and then when it doesn't go your way act appalled after the fact ... either convey your message a different way, and be consistent ...

He made it clear before the fight he thought Brock getting that goofy-arse exemption was unfair. The way he's acted after the fact is not at all inconsistent with that.

He has every right to bitch.
He's bitching a bit much, but it's his right.
They're going in there to crack skulls and he doesn't want to be risking his health against a cheater.

Once those salaries were released, that's when Mark truly began to give a shit. He doesn't seem to be concerned with the loss (which will most likely be turned into a NC). He's been yapping about the guys purse.
what he wants? Lesnar is a way bigger name than Hunt. Hunt made millions himself with the UFC

Your whole point is you don't feel comfortable with how Hunt is acting.

Why should anyone care how you feel about Hunt?

Why should we care that Hunt has upset you?

Would it be justified for us to make a post about how much we dislike how you have acted on these forums and your posts?

Think anyone cares what I feel about your post?

Are we so entitled, self centered that our opinions about each other should be shared on a forum?

Should someone make a post and analyze your behavior and posting about Hunt?

Maybe? Here goes.

"Colin talks about Hunt a lot and takes it all so personal. Is Colin being fair to Hunt? What is Colin doing right now?

Is Colin thinking about Hunt and why not or why? Discuss!"

Mark Hunt, who I used to like, is an absolute pillock. UFC paid him $700,000 for Brock fight. WTF is he complaining about? UFC took him in when he had an abysmal record. Now that I remember his God rants, I think of him as the lowest of the low. One thing you cannot deny him, he is a real hard man but his crying over losing to WWF wrestler is pathetic. That last one thing is out of the window. Cut him and F him.

Hunt didn't freak out about PEDs in Pride, because no rules were broken. There was an even playing field.

Hunt is freaking out in the UFC because 1) Brock broke the rules and juiced 2) Dana colluded to allow Brock to break the rules .

Any other question?

That is an absolutely ridiculous first line.

As for the part where you suggest Dana colluded to allow Brock to break the rules. Do you want to explain that to us?

As for the exemption that Brock got that everyone cries about -

1) This was publicised. Hunt knew about it. Don't accept the fight, the PPV share or the payday if you aren't happy. It's that simply.

2) There is no such thing as retrospective testing. The time had passed. He got tested repeatedly when it was agreed he was fighting. Whether this was manipulated or not, we don't know. Clearly, it wasn't manipulated that well given he was busted anyway!

I think Hunt is old and wants to retire but is trying to get himself fired so he doesn't have to admit he's too old to fight anymore.

He made it clear before the fight he thought Brock getting that goofy-arse exemption was unfair. The way he's acted after the fact is not at all inconsistent with that.

If you don't accept the conditions of the fight, don't accept the fight.

You can't have your cake and eat it.

See my above post. If there was no exemption, the fight couldn't have happened.

Would it be justified for us to make a post about how much we dislike how you have acted on these forums and your posts?

Are we so entitled, self centered that our opinions about each other should be shared on a forum?

Maybe? Here goes.

"Colin talks about Hunt a lot and takes it all so personal. Is Colin being fair to Hunt? What is Colin doing right now?

Perhaps you struggle with the concept of forums, tv or any form of discussion or reporting then, buddy. :D

Any other question?
He KNEW beforehand that Brock was roided. Why act like a tough guy and say you'll fight him anyway if he's just going to cry after and act like he didn't know?

Maybe? Here goes.

You put way too much effort into this...

Where is his agent or manager? Its their job to contact UFC officials and to handle this stuff behind the scene. I think Ariel has something to do with this somehow someway, he is very messy.

Note to Mark Hunt, Nevada is taking the money from Brock. Ask them for a refund.

As for the part where you suggest Dana colluded to allow Brock to break the rules. Do you want to explain that to us?

1) This was publicised. Hunt knew about it. Don't accept the fight, the PPV share or the payday if you aren't happy. It's that simply.

2) There is no such thing as retrospective testing. The time had passed. He got tested repeatedly when it was agreed he was fighting. Whether this was manipulated or not, we don't know. Clearly, it wasn't manipulated that well given he was busted anyway!
This. I like Hunt, cool with the fans and all that but now he's just making himself look silly.

Yeah, Mark shouldn't have accepted the fight. Don't need USADA to tell us a WWE rassler was tainted stepping into the octagon on a couple of months notice. Mark knew what he was getting into...

Why is it ridiculous?

I'm not suggesting it. Hunt is. And he's basing that on Brock getting the exemption prior to the fight.

Hunt knew the exemption. Still Hunt fought. Then Hunt lost. Now Hunt is salty with his bitching. But still, Hunt has a point.

Back