Sage "he's only 20" Northcutt

Ruthless_RL

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Guys. I don't understand this funny hype. He's overrated as hell.
Because UFC promoted him and he has a good body, low body fat people pay more attention to him than to real fighters.
Also he earns more than top fighters.
Don't understand this.

This is a normal fitness guy with good gymnastic skills with nice smile.

Check this out
20yo Robbie Lawler
20yo Rory Macdonald
20yo Jon Jones
20yo Vitor Belfort
Than check out again
20yo Sage.

Lol @ TS. No person on this board thinks he's a great fighter today. It's clear that he isn't. You're not cool for pointing it out.

I don't give fuck about his body and biceps. I know people who look way better than him. I'm also more jacked.
I'm talking about fighting.

I look like this

greg-plitt-mft28-main-facebook.jpg

Yes, TS, Sage is a good looking guy with a great body who makes 100K over a weekend crushing cans in the UFC when he's not at University finishing up his Petroleum Engineering degree with a 4.0 GPA.

...if only he could convince you that he's a good fighter ;)

The only way he will ever earn respect is if he gets rid of the ridiculous Lee Hotti haircut from 2005

give him a break, 14 years ago he was only 6 years old. Stop picking on a 6 year old.

Similar situation to Erick Silva, there's obviously a huge amount of potential there but they are both still basically children.

he's white and he's jacked. deal with it

Is he overrated? 100% by most people, especially casuals.

But if he were to stop the silly crap with his dad coaching him and train full time at a great gym under a real coach he actually has a very high ceiling.

He has age on his side, athleticism and he seems willing to learn; however his fight IQ is poor but that will only be improved by fighting more and especially under the tutelage of a good head coach. I'd really love to see him work under Matt Hume. A coach with a fantastic mind for MMA who could probably shape Northcutt into a legitimate future champion. Even without the whole dad situation, Northcutt would probably suit a team where he can get a lot of individual attention and coaching, with AMC Pankration mainly only having Mighty Mouse and Bibiano Fernandes as their top stars there is definitely room for that there. Plus, apart from Greg Jackson I think Hume is definitely one of the best mental coaches in MMA.

With his fighting style, Roufusport would be another interesting potential team or even AKA.

Either way, despite being "overrated" there is absolutely no denying the potential is there, he has the tools to be great; it's mainly just a case of will we see him achieve his potential.

I think when Dana saw a good looking athletic guy he saw dollar signs in his eyes.

If Sage started winning he'd be on the cover of all the sports magazines, unfortunately he looks better than he fights.

Guys. I don't understand this funny hype. He's overrated as hell.
Because UFC promoted him and he has a good body, low body fat people pay more attention to him than to real fighters.
Also he earns more than top fighters.
Don't understand this.

This is a normal fitness guy with good gymnastic skills with nice smile.

Check this out
20yo Robbie Lawler
20yo Rory Macdonald
20yo Jon Jones
20yo Vitor Belfort
Than check out again
20yo Sage.
Never heard a truer statement.

UFC is obsessed with find a Great White Hope like boxing decades ago

Except MMA is pretty white already

They just want a white american (or white and loud) fighter with GSP/Silva/Aldo level of dominance

Brock did'nt lasted
Rockhold did'nt lasted
Conor did'nt lasted
GSP was a respectful canadian with point win style

Sage already lost twice but they try to keep it alive with the it's only 19 card

They're desperately searching something theyr dbag target demographic can worship

Sage will probably lost some more in future and be remembered just as the dude that look out of Tekken

After all his only remarkable quality is being so fucking ripped that he have a good size/strenght advantage over his weight class

Back