How many time does Holly.......

Macalpinerules

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
How many times does Holly have to get her ass kicked before you guys admit that her win over Ronda was a fluke? She's looked mediocre at best in every fight she's had in the UFC besides the Ronda fight. And since her win over Ronda she has been downright awful.

Three things are clear to me:
1)Holly would get absolutely annihilated if she ever fought Ronda again.
2)Holly doesn't deserve a rematch against Ronda.
3)Holly's win over Ronda is the biggest upset in UFC history with Serra beating GSP as a close second. When Ronda was at the top of her game she was a better and more dominant champ than GSP ever was while Holly is worse than Matt Serra by a mile. That's why it's the biggest upset.

Another amazing thread. Disagree with everything except the 2nd point. She doesn't deserve to fight Honda, but none of the losses have been an 'ass kicking.' She lost to a last gasp sub, and edged by maybe the best striker in WMMA.

Have said this before - Ronda lost that fight. Holly didn't win it.
But I wouldn't call it a fluke. Ronda played literally right into Holly's hands. It was a stupid gameplan by Ronda if anything.
People did give Holly way, way too much cred for basically just putting a closed fist out everytime Ronda charged.

I think Holly's other fights proves just that. She's not demolishing Ronda in a rematch unless Ronda is stupid enough to repeat what she did in their first fight.

If it was a fluke, it was a beautiful, slow fluke going throughout almost two rounds

Someone still doesn't realize that styles make fights...

When are you going to fight Johny Hendricks, ts?

Or maybe, Ronda's not that good to lose to Holly's weak ass.

Or, Holly is just a bad match up for her.

Or, Ronda's stand up beyond pitiful.

How many times does Holly have to get her ass kicked before you guys admit that her win over Ronda was a fluke? She's looked mediocre at best in every fight she's had in the UFC besides the Ronda fight. And since her win over Ronda she has been downright awful.

3)Holly's win over Ronda is the biggest upset in UFC history with Serra beating GSP as a close second. When Ronda was at the top of her game she was a better and more dominant champ than GSP ever was while Holly is worse than Matt Serra by a mile. That's why it's the biggest upset.
<mma4>
agree

If it was a fluke, it was a beautiful, slow fluke going throughout almost two rounds

My thoughts exactly. To utterly dominate someone for almost two rounds can never be a fluke. I'm not saying Ronda couldn't have won if she had a different gameplan, but to call this a fluke is just stupid. Remember, Holly was winning her fight against Meisha. And yes, now she lost to she best striker in the division.

OP is a troll who has started a number of garbage threads over the last few months if not longer. Looks like he's now sinking to the point where the Mods may need to get involved.

Another amazing thread. Disagree with everything except the 2nd point. She doesn't deserve to fight Honda, but none of the losses have been an 'ass kicking.' She lost to a last gasp sub, and edged by maybe the best striker in WMMA.
TruDat

My thoughts exactly. To utterly dominate someone for almost two rounds can never be a fluke. I'm not saying Ronda couldn't have won if she had a different gameplan, but to call this a fluke is just stupid. Remember, Holly was winning her fight against Meisha. And yes, now she lost to she best striker in the division.
Simple-minded people can't see Ronda's insane number of flaws and never have been able to. They think she was a mythical creature and can't understand why she lost to Holly (though a lot of us saw that type of thing coming a mile away based on what she did in her supposed "dominant" wins). So they make up threads like this.

A one sided ass whopping like the one Rousey took cannot be a fluke. Ronda had absolutely nothing for Holly. She looked awful physically and in the fight. Even when she managed to get Holly to the ground, Holly blocked transitions, and got to her feet, where she proceeded to absolutely assault Ronda. Rousey was limping around like Bambi by the second minute.

Make no mistake Sherbrethern, there was no fluke here. The only thing that's clear to me is that @Macalpinerules thinks entirely too highly of his shit opinions.

You mean"Under the right circumstances".

I heard the rumour that Holly had prepared Ronda fight for at least 2 years.

If true, that explains a lot.

Wasn't a fluke at all. What it did was expose Ronda. She was nowhere near this dominant all-time great people were making her out to be. The first person she faced with decent striking who was similar in size/strength absolutely pummeled her.

Wasn't your old name Somerville Cr?

It's such a weak division, they're all champions just for trying.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back