Anybody Else Think Eddie Alvarez Won't be the Champion by the End of the Year?

Vulcan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
obvious prediction but i feel like khabib,fergy and even barboza would beat him in a fight.

I got Khabib for champ if they fight next

imo he's 50/50 against most of the top 5.

He was noticeably faster/sparkier than RDA but he's inconsistent and I'm not sure if there's anyone @ 155 lbs. that can stop Khabib from being Khaib other than that 190 lbs. Brazilian lightweight who had the most epic PED stack in MMA history.

tibau_el.0.jpg

lol little guy wasn't even close to passing the eye test

All depends on how long he can avoid Khabib.

I think he finishes Barboza and Tony. Khabib would be a 50/50

Barboza would beat him if he had a chin. A lot of title holders seem to have a tenuous grip at the moment.

Honestly, I don't see anyone at LW holding the strap for more than a fight or 2. Division is stacked and some people are just bad match ups for each other.

He's not losing to khabib or Ferguson, so 2 fights for sure, if they're next.

Ive picked against him his entire UFC career so he's probably gonna defend the belt ten times.

He's not losing to khabib or Ferguson, so 2 fights for sure, if they're next.

He's not losing to Barboza that's for damn sure. Barboza has trouble against guys that can box, wrestle and close the distance in a hurry.

Nate Diaz will be champ when he gets his title shot on the last card of the year after he buries Mcrgeggor for good.

[Qdidn't E="Squintz, post: 119400113, member: 314175"]He's not losing to Barboza that's for damn sure. Barboza has trouble against guys that can box, wrestle and close the distance in a hurry.

Nate Diaz will be champ when he gets his title shot on the last card of the year after he buries Mcrgeggor for good.[/QUOTE]

I think Joe Silva will make Barboza fight 2 more time before a title shot. I don't see him actually making it there but he could ko someone and jump the line.

Nate vs Eddie is a hell of a fight, especially now that Nate is getting paid right and his confidence is up.

Barboza and Alvarez train, doubt they fight each other. Think the sport has passed Khabib by sadly, Fergy has a good chance but i'd personally pick Alvarez to beat Fergy. Too high atm but I think our best bet is a darkhorse of the division... My pick is will brooks by the end of 2017

He was noticeably faster/sparkier than RDA

You have to give props to Alvarez for doing what he did, but just to go off topic for minute; I thought dos Anjos at the open workouts looked horrible, like his weight cut wasn't going so well.

He had being hinting at moving to WW before the 2nd Cerrone fight and I think it was Rogan who said he normally cuts down from 190 - which seems an awful lot, but he had the chap who does his conditioning on his podcast and he might have mentioned it to him. Plus, aside from Jones being the only person pulled from the 3 fight cards, you'd have to think one or two fighters were carrying injuries.

I think the LW belt will change hands a bit over the course of the next couple of years - Nurmagomedov would probably be the one fighter who if he wins it, you'd probably put your money on him holding on to it for a while, but his striking is a bit wild - like a cat scratching a wall - and I think if he stands or gets caught by someone with decent striking or shot, that's probably the only way he'd lose. Can't see anyone out-grappling him.

Back