I've had a change of heart: GSP, not Anderson, is the GOAT

Not A Real Fan

Deep State Agent assigned to monitor Sherdog
Banned
Reaction score
Check my post history and you'll see that I supported Anderson as the GOAT. But his PED use has really swayed me otherwise.

In real sports, players who use PEDs are no longer taken seriously as great players. Barry Bonds will never go into the Baseball Hall of Fame. Lance Armstrong was stripped of his Tour de France titles. Only in the MMA world, is PED use minimized and justified. In other words, Anderson is a shoo-in for the laughable UFC Hall of Fame.

Regardless, he should be disqualified from any GOAT discussion. Same thing with Jon Jones. So who do we have left if not GSP?

GSP has the absolute best record in MMA history. 25-2. Over 20 of his fights were in the UFC. He overwhelmingly avenged his losses. 9 title defenses. Victories over Hughes (twice), Penn (twice), Kos (twice), Fitch, Condit, Diaz, Sherk, Shields, Trigg, etc.

Jose Aldo is the only other GOAT level fighter. And I don't want to hear that Fedor crap.

GSP-large.jpg

I still got Fedor. I won't deny GSP being up there, though. Used to be against the GSP hype, but dude's got the resume that no one can deny.

I've already added this one time today, but it definitely has to get mentioned again. This should be enough to represent my opinion.

I am a huge GSP fan, but tell me why you think Fedor shouldn't be in a GOAT discussion?

Very interesting, but

poll.png

images

Last edited:
I think he is the WW GOAT but not THE GOAT if that makes any sense.

Anderson
Gsp
Jones
Fedor

But jones is flushing it all away..

Aldo, Anderson, and Fedor are all ahead of GSP

I am a huge GSP fan, but tell me why you think Fedor shouldn't be in a GOAT discussion?

If many, including me, are going to disqualify Anderson and Jon Jones for each failing one PED test then Fedor cannot be considered since he fought mostly in PRIDE. PRIDE, home of fixed fights, pressuring fighters to dives, ref with earpieces, big time fighters vs. straight up cans, and, most importantly, rampant PED use.

I had Jones rated pretty high but now not so much he's got too much trouble outside the cage over past several years and is only ruined his career.

I actually don't give a fuck what you think. probably not many others do here either...
especially since you started a thread that has been started at least 10,000 times before and never a conclusion because there is no conclusion.

Back