Is it more clear now how Silva would have fared against GSP & Le?

EricaLovesUFC

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I think GSP follows the same strategy that Weidman and Sonnen used- pressure, cover up and don't overcommit. So GSP probably beats Silva easily with multiple takedowns, but there's always that chance GSP makes a mistake and gets caught of course.

As for Cung Le, I think the Nick Diaz fight showed that its difficult for Silva to tee off against good boxers. I think Le would have frustrated Silva at times but ultimately I think Silva's size and length prove to be too much for Le to handle.

The fact that GSP has literally refused to fight Anderson for years should tell you that not even he thinks he can win - Anderson would destroy GSP in every facet.

Pre-Weidman Anderson would have obliterated both of them.

The fact that GSP has literally refused to fight Anderson for years should tell you that not even he thinks he can win - Anderson would destroy GSP in every facet.

Yup, Anderson got inside GSP's ead. The Spider won the fight without having to even get in the octagon.

Current Anderson Silva would still obliterate any MW or WW.
I wish, man. Any WW, probably. Andy lacks the confidence and killer instinct to sleep MWs like he used to. The power is still there, but his age and losses to Chris have made him timid.

GSP ducked Silva for a reason.

Silva would have absolutely destroyed GSP.

Cung Le.. u kidding me ? he was tailor made for Silva, lots of openings with kicks plus not thread on the ground
Expect am Alex Stiebling like stoppage

Sometimes I feel like I'm in one of those chat rooms where people talk about poop.

Now is one of those times.

Silva arguably beat the current MW champ (yes controversial and he played around too much)- who wasn't actually good enough to get a title shot til after Silvas 7 year or whatever reign lol

then with a laundry list of reasons to get finished in 30 seconds, he negated DC's offense and managed to eat his best shots and light him up on the feet (and by light up I mean land some big knees, kicks and .etc every time they stood) like a true G

Didn't lose the belt til 38

meanwhile fedor fans are like "hes past his prime" at 33 when he losts to werdum, hendo, bigfoot lol

Silva would have merked GSP and Le, plus weidman, rockhold, and likely cormier too in his prime

Silva arguably beat the current MW champ (yes controversial and he played around too much)- who wasn't actually good enough to get a title shot til after Silvas 7 year or whatever reign lol

then with a laundry list of reasons to get finished in 30 seconds, he negated DC's offense and managed to eat his best shots and light him up on the feet (and by light up I mean land some big knees, kicks and .etc every time they stood) like a true G

Didn't lose the belt til 38

meanwhile fedor fans are like "hes past his prime" at 33 when he losts to werdum, hendo, bigfoot lol

Silva would have merked GSP and Le, plus weidman, rockhold, and likely cormier too in his prime

silva was getting finished and dominated by japanese WWs at age 29 brah

the chris would have wrecked him at any agae

I think GSP follows the same strategy that Weidman and Sonnen used- pressure, cover up and don't overcommit. So GSP probably beats Silva easily with multiple takedowns, but there's always that chance GSP makes a mistake and gets caught of course.

As for Cung Le, I think the Nick Diaz fight showed that its difficult for Silva to tee off against good boxers. I think Le would have frustrated Silva at times but ultimately I think Silva's size and length prove to be too much for Le to handle.

Cung Le would get knocked out.....GSP would take a beating and get finished. Size matters....GSP stands very little chance to win this fight

Current Anderson Silva would still obliterate any MW or WW.
132_chris_weidman_vs_anderson_silva_gallery_post.0.jpg

Not everyone.

132_chris_weidman_vs_anderson_silva_gallery_post.0.jpg

Not everyone.

Lets see chris wiedman when he reaches Silva´s age at the time of this picture.
I like CW mindset a ton though, really likeable. But Silva threw this one away himself. I aint saying CW wouldnt had beaten him otherwise perhaps. But this was just silva fkng around. Kindsa a shame when he could ahd beaten CW and given him his first loss, but hell as AS said he has nothing to prove. I guess he has alot to prove in the eyes of his haters though haha.

There's a reason why GSP ducked Silva for years. Silva would have destroyed GSP and both of them knew it.

Yup, Anderson got inside GSP's ead. The Spider won the fight without having to even get in the octagon.

A human-sized spider would freak me out enough, but the prospect of being locked in a cage with one...

Gsp has a very good chance. But the size disadvantage would be very real & he would prob end up getting caught in a 5 round fight. Cung le gets matrixed worse than Forrest Griffin.

Well, when you make your career fighting Zuluzinho, Hong man Choi, Goodriege... You will look like a god... Fedor 2 best wins are against Minotauro and Cro Cop... And we all saw what happened to them as soon as they stepped in the cage... Face it, pride (as much as I love it) was very good at marketing their fighters... Look, if Cro cop never came to the UFC, he will still be concidered the #2 GOAT until today... but he stepped in the octagon and got Cro copped by Gonzaga... Fedor past his prime at 33... MW Dan Henderson was older than him when he beat him...

Back