Did the UFC collude with Brock to subvert USADA testing?

• Thread starter Deleted member 457759
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 457759

Hear me out I don't know if this has been caught yet.

In this post fight interview in response to the interviewers questions about fighting a hard hitting fighter like Hunt, Brock states that he had been training his chin for 6 weeks prior to the fight to prepare. This predates Ariel Hawani breaking the news by almost 2 weeks!! It's at the 1 minute mark of this video.

Now we all should know that Brock was exempt from the mandatory 3 month out of competition testing due to the UFC's arbitrary decision that because the USADA testing wasn't implemented before Brock retired, he should not be subject to the rules stating fighters coming back from retirement need to be tested for 3 months. So their story is that they had no idea Brock was going to sign.

Brock allegedly didn't know that he was fighting Hunt until Jun 6th!!! This is in direct conflict with him stating in his post fight interview that he had been training his chin in preparation for a hard hitter like hunt for 6 weeks. Two weeks before he could have know anything according to the UFC. UFC 200 was on July 9th.

Did the UFC collude with Brock Lesnar to subvert the USADA testing?

Dunno, but it looks REALLY shady that they gave him that exemption and then he tested positive.

dana-white-shit-eatin-grin.jpg

In this post fight interview in response to the interviewers questions about fighting a hard hitting fighter like Hunt, Brock states that he had been training his chin for 6 weeks prior to the fight to prepare. This predates Ariel Hawani breaking the news by almost 2 weeks!! It's at the 1 minute mark of this video.

Now we all should know that Brock was exempt from the mandatory 3 month out of competition testing due to the UFC's arbitrary decision that because the USADA testing wasn't implemented before Brock retired, he should not be subject to the rules stating fighters coming back from retirement need to be tested for 3 months. So their story is that they had no idea Brock was going to sign.

Brock allegedly didn't know that he was fighting Hunt until Jun 6th!!! This is in direct conflict with him stating in his post fight interview that he had been training his chin in preparation for a hard hitter like hunt for 6 weeks. Two weeks before he could have know anything according to the UFC. UFC 200 was on July 9th.

It's highly likely everyone knew for a long time he was going to fight.

But the only date that matters is when the contract was signed and it was official.

And of course everyone involved knew this and used that information to slide the testing dates to the right. It's not like it is secret information.

Could they have had actual contract disputes that moved the signing date? Yes

Could one of the parties conjured up contract disputes that moved the signing date? Yes.

did you just join? this was discussed ad nauseam before the fight.

Nah.
That is crazy conspiracy theory talk.
It makes more sense that it was in the spur of the moment type of thing.
Lets not forget that there are exemptions happening all of the time.

If they did, it wouldn't be knew to MMA at all. Pride use to do this kind of thing all the time. Advising the fighter that they want to win months before the other opponent.

I figure there had to be some time between talks, signing and annoucing.

Once they were in talks, he probably started training, then once the bout was signed, they had to set up all the logistics of things. I really doubt they straight up conspired to hide any PED usage on his part. They have done the exemption many times now, and the major concern was the hype, the UFC 200 stuff, and keeping everything tied together. Jones was still in play, so they had no major reason to go through all this conspiracy just to avoid two months of testing. There would need to be far too many people involved with far too high profile of an athlete to not have it leak eventually if so.

To be fair preparing your chin for a guy like Brock would have been the right thing to do no matter who he was fighting.

I think so.

Why tell Mark hunt to get ready for a fight without releasing whom it's with? Who has ever said, "Yeah I'm fighting on that card, they just haven't told me who it's with"? They had a fighter in mind when they call hunt and asked. Why would/could you not release who it's with? Brock is a HUGE draw, so why wait to start hyping that fight?

The answer to all of those questions is USADA.

I mean, they worked the system to decrease the chances he failed before hand. That is obvious.

"USADA Exemption", whether they did or not intentionally, they actually did because its known fact that USADA results take a long time to come back and they did, so the fight went on despite failed test.

As soon as he we all knew he would comeback which was at 199 he should have been tested in the next few days. Im sure the june 28th test was not the first one....i hope it wasnt.

yep they knew he was coming back earlier than stated, gave him time to get clean.
Hunt knew he had a fight early on but they didnt tell him who it was until the big announcement

Dunno, but it looks REALLY shady that they gave him that exemption and then he tested positive.

Would they grant this exemption to someone else in the future? Like lets say GSP, im not saying he would be on something, but more like the results of the first time they granted it to someone and it backfired big time.

LOL.. well sorry TS that the negotiations didn't conclude fast enough.

Oh my he trained 2 weeks more.. oh wow. How about the freaking 5 years he was out while Mark was active and training and competing and improving.. staying active.

O well Mark just had his interview and the Lesnar haters are out in full force with their pitchforks ready.

It's possible. Personally I believe the more important thing is whether UFC knew by UFC 200 whether Brock had failed the test or not. I believe they knew and kept it quiet because removing Brock from 200 would have ruined their PPV butyrate.

As for 5 weeks vs. 6 weeks of training, what does it matter? Brock might not have known for sure until June 6th, but he could have suspected there was a good chance he'd be fighting at UFC 200 earlier than June 6th.

Also, remember he originally wanted to fight at the MSG show in November. That was his original plan. He could have started preparing for the fight he though he;d have in November at any time. It certainly didn't have to be exactly on June 6th. remember, UFC is not Brock's main job; it's more like a hobby to him. So he probably trained for his UFC whenever he had the time to do it. So he could've started in April, May or June.

Do you really think Brock didnt decide to fight again until the day he signed the contract?

Back