GSP vs Lawler

Ridian

Lifelong Combat Sports Fan
@purple
Reaction score
What would happen in this fight?

Could GSP handle Lawler's power?

Could Lawler handle GSP overall?

Prime GSP by the usual 50-45 over prime Lawler.

Lawler at his best knocks GSP out at his best and i'm not joking about that. GSP is a great fighter who happens to be wildly overrated

I hate how people forget how good GSP really is. He literally dominated 2-3 generations of welterweights, and didnt lose a single round of a fight in years. He had a poor showing against hendricks because he wasent motivated to fight anymore and was already talking about retiring after the condit fight. If hes motivated he beats any weltwerwieght on the roster. And BTW Lawler lost to Condit.

Battle of the polar opposites.
Either 50-45 or more brain damage to GSP.
I like it.

Lawler at his best knocks GSP out at his best and i'm not joking about that. GSP is a great fighter who happens to be wildly overrated

So he's a "great fighter" who is "wildly overrated"? Probably the GOAT if looking at it his career objectively, and at minimum top 2 or 3. Care to elaborate?

GSP's been out for almost three years and was fading before that. If you took the 2009 version of GSP, I think he'd take a clear decision, but now? I don't know. I'd like to see him fight before making a pick, but I have a feeling Lawler would but a beating on him.

So he's a "great fighter" who is "wildly overrated"? Probably the GOAT if looking at it his career objectively, and at minimum top 2 or 3. Care to elaborate?
Dont ever try to use logic with a hater. Anyone who says GSP is "over rated" is clearly an idiot.

GSP decision but Lawler's takedown defense is better than many GSP opponents. The GSP who fought Hendricks vs the Lawler who beat Rory the second time would be interesting.

GSP is overrated ?
giphy.gif
Did you just start following MMA ?

This forum loves to beat up on GSP (alot like Aldo) Lol.

Do people forget that in one of his last fights, he thoroughly dominated Nick Diaz? He beat up Condit. He destroyed a prime Alves. Killed Kos slowly with 1,000 jabs. He has 2 tough rounds with a Roided up Hendricks, and all of a sudden he's some pop tart that can't handle strong strikers lol

200.gif

GSP is a top 5 fighter all time, probably top 3, idk if i personally would put him at number 1, but he is an all time great fighter. His fans have taken the liberty to say that he is perfect at everything, has no faults and never, ever looked weak, and that's just untrue. He had a stretch of fights where he looked unstoppable, two of the wins were against Dan hardy, who got a shot because he was english and marketable, don't front to me like he didn't, and Koscheck, who beat Daley but had been knocked out within a year of that win. Fitch and Alves are great wins, but from the shields fight onwards, he looked ineffective on the feet, and that's if you want to use neutral language.

GSP was propped up as perfect because he took down great wrestlers in Fitch, Koscheck and Hughes, and that's great for him, proud of him, etc, but to pretend like he is perfect at everything is textbook overrating your guy. You can be an all time great level fighter and be overrated, great fighter is what you can control, you can't control how people rate you.

I hate how people forget how good GSP really is. He literally dominated 2-3 generations of welterweights, and didnt lose a single round of a fight in years. He had a poor showing against hendricks because he wasent motivated to fight anymore and was already talking about retiring after the condit fight. If hes motivated he beats any weltwerwieght on the roster. And BTW Lawler lost to Condit.

Disagree about Lawler losing to Condit but yes people really have forgotten how good GSP was. They only remember the tail end of his career when he was past his prime and suffering with injuries and stress. And even then he still managed to beat the top of the division at the time. But pre 2011 GSP was a monster.

This forum loves to beat up on GSP (alot like Aldo) Lol.

Do people forget that in one of his last fights, he thoroughly dominated Nick Diaz? He beat up Condit. He destroyed a prime Alves. Killed Kos slowly with 1,000 jabs. He has 2 tough rounds with a Roided up Hendricks, and all of a sudden he's some pop tart that can't handle strong strikers lol

200.gif

he didn't beat up condit. i can beat up condit like that his skin is made of paper. he just held him down and almost got KO'd. but holding him down is all that is needed to make condit bleed profusely. he didn't beat up diaz either.

he did hold the shit out of them for 5 rounds though. that cannot be taken away from him.

Back