33 and still going strong at getting ID'd

I work at the door of a nightclub and we card EVERYONE, even if you have a cane and have white hair we card you.

Why? Liquor Control Board shows up and asks a patron for an ID, even an obviously old enough one and they don't have it we get fucked up the ass with fines.

i still get id'd if i had just shaved and pickup booze. it does make you feel good lol. i'm 37, so it's still nice to get asked, while it lasts haha.

I work at the door of a nightclub and we card EVERYONE, even if you have a cane and have white hair we card you.

Why? Liquor Control Board shows up and asks a patron for an ID, even an obviously old enough one and they don't have it we get fucked up the ass with fines.

a bartender recently told me the same thing. he said he will only not ask if the person appears to look over sixty. as in, wrinkled skin, white hair, characteristics like that.

a bartender recently told me the same thing. he said he will only not ask if the person appears to look over sixty. as in, wrinkled skin, white hair, characteristics like that.
Even then we still ask. It's just easy to get into the habit to ask everyone so you don't get people bitching.

EVEN regulars we ID to make sure they have their ID.

I rarely got carded at the liquor store or a restaurant when I was 21, much less now. Doesn't help that I have a bunch of gray in my hair these days. Always looked old, I guess.

Even then we still ask. It's just easy to get into the habit to ask everyone so you don't get people bitching.

EVEN regulars we ID to make sure they have their ID.

wow, even regulars? that's really weird. i never get asked at the regular bars i attend. don't the regulars ask you why you keep asking them for i.d.? do you bartend in an area with lots of traffic or in a very touristy area?

I've gotten carded for beer with groceries with a full beard and the three kids with me.

I usually gesture at the kids and say, "you mean that doesn't count as three forms of ID?"

We jest but in alot of places cashiers are told to card everyone without grey hair just to be on the safe side (safe side of fines that is).
It’s true. Some places are just crazy careful.
When I first moved to the town I’m in now, a bar has been shut down because it wasn’t carding so EVERYONE was carding like crazy.

wow, even regulars? that's really weird. i never get asked at the regular bars i attend. don't the regulars ask you why you keep asking them for i.d.? do you bartend in an area with lots of traffic or in a very touristy area?
The bar only opened June 1 so LCB is on our ass all the time right now.

I used to get carded all the time until I got a real job. That aged me up real quick.

Why wouldn't they want to sell me booze? What are you talking about you alcoholic

Maybe they've seen you staggering around town crab walking carrying a stolen tote and assumed you didn't need more alcohol?

I was still carrying ID to bars around 30-32. But things have stopped now in that regard, I've had to shave my hair down due to starting to go bald, I still look relatively young for a 36yr old guy compared to my peers but I have definitely visibly aged in the past 3yrs.

I remember a girl willingly showed me her ID because she was 27 even though I assumed she was over 30. Felt bad :(

The law states to ID anyone under 40 for cigs and most places ID for alcohol Incase you have restrictions

Hey man , don't mess up these delusions of grandeur that every other 35 year old seems to have.

Yeah buddy......she actually thinks there's a legit chance you're fuckin 20 years old.

Ill get id'd with 3 kids hanging off my cart and 250 bucks worth of groceries on the belt , half of my hair is grey and my beard is starting to turn to. I wonder if the clerk thinks I just graduated from high school or is maybe following procedure?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm 35 and haven't been carded in years. In the UK nowhere really has policies of "card everyone who looks under 40" the highest they go is about 25.

Back