Best takedown-submission combos?

Moezao

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
First I can think of is Maia vs Sonnen. True that Sonnen probably wouldn't be able to defend a triangle choke from a white belt, but it was some beautiful shit from Maia.
tumblr_mqcnj92Vh01ry1rm7o1_250.gif

tumblr_mqcnj92Vh01ry1rm7o2_250.gif

I was trying to think of other notable examples, but really can't. Do you guys have any?

Chonan doing this to Silva is still one of the prettiest things I've ever seen in mma.

Ooh oooohhh who did the whizzer to armbar at lightweight I think?

I know I am not providing any detail

First I can think of is Maia vs Sonnen. True that Sonnen probably wouldn't be able to defend a triangle choke from a white belt, but it was some beautiful shit from Maia.
tumblr_mqcnj92Vh01ry1rm7o1_250.gif

tumblr_mqcnj92Vh01ry1rm7o2_250.gif

I was trying to think of other notable examples, but really can't. Do you guys have any?
Fucking beautiful

Not a traditional takedown, but Struve locks up Lavar Johnson's arms on the feet, jumps guard, then goes belly down and breaks the arm. One of my favorites.

Matt Riddle had a standing arm triangle which he then use for the takedown and submission vs Chris Clements. Cannot find a gif.

Sandro has a few of these arm triangles
6s77zl.gif

Tobikan Judan turning ligaments to yolk
mike_brown_vs_masakazu_imanari_deep_22.gif

Eye dragging Aguilar to her knees
Jessica+Eye+Zoila+Frausto+Gurgel+2.gif

If we're talking armbars, nothing beats Rumina Sato's fastest submission in MMA history, which was clocked at 6 seconds.

Back