From title fight to prelims just like that!

Me&MrJones

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
UFC 201:
Wilson Reis (Hayes in English) was expected to fight the Flyweight Champion Demetrious Johnson but Mighty Mouse got injured.

Luckily for Reis he got a new opponent and will now be the first fight on the early prelims.

Thoughts?

That division is a joke anyway.
If you're not excited to see Benavidez, Smolka and McCall vs Scoggins that's your problem.

I'm talking about a title challenger getting devoted to the early prelims.

REALLY?

Holy Shit, that's so fucked up!!!

giphy.gif

Because they're desperate for challengers, Reis was prelims material to begin with, only reason he was on the main card was because he was fighting the champ. Same goes with Soto, Cariaso and some of MM other opponents.

Because they're desperate for challengers, Reis was prelims material to begin with, only reason he was on the main card was because he was fighting the champ. Same goes with Soto, Cariaso and some of his other opponents.

This is the right answer.

DJ needs to move up or someone needs to move down, You know you cleaned out the division when they want Wilson Reis to fight for the title.

NO DEPTH !! That's the problem with Flyweight - I'm glad this fight never took place bcuz wilson is just a GRINDER and not an exciting match-up for DJ.... HONESTLY this division is in serious need of "New" talent and that's why their wasting a season of TUF for an IMMEDIATE TITLE SHOT lol this is gonna be interesting - From headlines to being the curtain jerker is plain sad for him and proves he's not a draw and probably shouldn't have been fighting for the title anyway - MY THOUGHTS

There is literally nothing left for DJ to do.

It's not like Wilson Reis is a great fighter. There's just so few flyweights on the roster eventually everyone in the division will get a title shot.

To be fair, i cant remember this guy´s name from before it was announced he was fighting DJ, its a shame that he got removed from the main card tho, but similar thing happened to DC.....

There is literally nothing left for DJ to do.

Smolka and Scoggins are the only bright prospects that can break through, but even they are raw and inexperienced. The division is so shallow and stagnant.

I don't think the fighter pay would be any different. he just won't have to take a beating now that he's fighting NOT DJ.

Say let him beat the title defence record and move up because his record going to be a joke anyways

Back