Teep/ front knee kick debate.

screaminleeman

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
I am seeing an extreme double standard here. It seems that a decent percentage of Sherdog are up in arms about this offensive attack on an opponents knees.

It seemed by far at its peak when JBJ was the MMA practitioner attempting to utilize this "still legal" technique the most in the UFC. Now we have seen numerous Team Jackson-Winklejohn MMA practitioners also incorporating this technique into their fight style. It honestly seemed to some extent to calm down after a decent number of fan favorite's have adopted this strategy that Jon is accused of bringing to MMA.

With all of that said, can anyone honestly say that they have seen ANY MMA fighter more aggressively or frequently attempt this technique in a MMA inside the Octagon than Holly did this weekend?

If so, was she not EASILY in the top 3 attempt in UFC history for this technique? If this is the most heinous technique innately evil and universally despised as "dirty", why has NOBODY mentioned this but me?

Honestly, is it that much less heinous to watch a female walk with a limp for life than a male?

Travis Browne makes Jon Jones look like Mr. Clean in the realm of eyepoke. Jon gets blasted for it, and Travis's opponent gets warned to stop attacking the big guys fingers with their eye sockets!

Holly makes Jon look like Mr. Clean in the realm of teep/ knee kicks. Where is the consistency!

Most people don't like Jones for a multitude of reasons.

If you can kneebar someone you should be able to kick their knee in my opinion.

It's completely asinine that, in a sport where the means of victory include joint locks and chokes (not to mention strikes to the head with sufficient force to render the opponent unconscious), "fans" would be upset about kicks to the front of the knee.
Absolute Shertardation.

I don't mind it being legal. It just strikes me as petty, smart and strategic ... but petty .

Holm couldn't land it for one thing which when she missed got lit up. Jones has poked more eyes than captain insano simple as that

A kneebar give you time to tap. It isn't the same.
What about a heelhook? Usually by the time it's time to tap the acl/mcl/meniscus is destroyed. That's why a lot of bjj gyms don't teach people leg locks until brown belt level.

In fact I think the only bjj gyms that teach leg locks very early on is 10th planet.

Most people don't like Jones for a multitude of reasons.

Agreed. They seem to "mutate" however when fighters that are not hated start to employ the tactics that they claim are dirty. The real question is without his antics outside of the Octagon, and his potential PED violation, what would have been his current major reason for this hatred?
If you can kneebar someone you should be able to kick their knee in my opinion.

I 100% concur. My only "issue" was that Sherdoggers were coming out of the woodwork left, right and center against this technique when it was Jon being the MMA fighter mostly utilizing the technique.

You see almost NOBODY still claiming it is not a 100% legitimate and justifiable technique now that fighters considered fan favorites are using it as frequently or more than Jon did when it was deemed "dirty" by the vast majority of Sherdog.

Keep in mind that while MMA is my favorite sport, I am also a massive Boxing and kickboxing fan. It is a valid clean technique that was demonized by ignorant and immature MMA fans when Jon was the main executor of it, and now they have seemingly ALL disappeared entirely and have been PERMANENTLY STFU on the topic due to their blatant double standard.

Funny as hell. It seemed like I was in the 10% minority feeling this technique was 100% OK in MMA as a fan of pure striking combat sports. It was more like 90% of Sherdog arguing the validity of the technique.

I can't find a single Sherdog poster mature enough to admit, Yes, I was in that 90% majority, and I still stand by opinion, or Yes, I was in that majority, but admit that it was nothing more than an excuse to figuratively beat Jon over the head with.

Agreed. They seem to "mutate" however when fighters that are not hated start to employ the tactics that they claim are dirty. The real question is without his antics outside of the Octagon, and his potential PED violation, what would have been his current major reason for this hatred?

I 100% concur. My only "issue" was that Sherdoggers were coming out of the woodwork left, right and center against this technique when it was Jon being the MMA fighter mostly utilizing the technique.

You see almost NOBODY still claiming it is not a 100% legitimate and justifiable technique now that fighters considered fan favorites are using it as frequently or more than Jon did when it was deemed "dirty" by the vast majority of Sherdog.

Keep in mind that while MMA is my favorite sport, I am also a massive Boxing and kickboxing fan. It is a valid clean technique that was demonized by ignorant and immature MMA fans when Jon was the main executor of it, and now they have seemingly ALL disappeared entirely and have been PERMANENTLY STFU on the topic due to their blatant double standard.

Funny as hell. It seemed like I was in the 10% minority feeling this technique was 100% OK in MMA as a fan of pure striking combat sports. It was more like 90% of Sherdog arguing the validity of the technique.

I can't find a single Sherdog poster mature enough to admit, Yes, I was in that 90% majority, and I still stand by opinion, or Yes, I was in that majority, but admit that it was nothing more than an excuse to figuratively beat Jon over the head with.
I was blinded by Rampage saying his knee is never going to be the same after the Jones fight then I thought about all the people Rampage slammed on their head and neck and I stopped feeling sorry for him.

Fighters know Jackson camp fighters use the technique so prepare for it. Don't try to get it banned pansy.

Last edited:
Holm couldn't land it for one thing which when she missed got lit up. Jones has poked more eyes than captain insano simple as that

Captain insano got deeper penetration on Mitriones eye socket that Jon got on every opponents eye sockets combined.

Jon gets warned, Travis get the Mass. AC's blessing and Mitrione gets ejected from the UFC as a filthy fighter attacking his opponents fingers with his eye sockets.

Again, it is simply a double standard. Crucify both, or basically (politely) STFU over the whole topic, as you are incapable of applying the standard to all evenly.

Captain insano got deeper penetration on Mitriones eye socket that Jon got on every opponents eye sockets combined.

Jon gets warned, Travis get the Mass. AC's blessing and Mitrione gets ejected from the UFC as a filthy fighter attacking his opponents fingers with his eye sockets.

Again, it is simply a double standard. Crucify both, or basically (politely) STFU over the whole topic, as you are incapable of applying the standard to all evenly.
I didn't say anything bout brown, could care less bout that dude. But I agree, points should be deducted for eyes pokes and cage grabs, people get away with it al to often. While seeming tedious it can change a fight

I was blinded by Rampage saying his knee is never going to be the same street the Jones fight then I thought about all the people Rampage slammed on their head and neck and I stopped feeling sorry for him.

Fighters know Jackson camp fighters use the technique so prepare for it. Don't try to get it banned pansy.

I love the technique from watching KB. I am the last person that wants to see the technique banned from MMA. I still find it incredible the number of Sherdoggers vehemently opposed to it prior to Jon giving them a far more "valid" reason to "dislike" him as a fighter, and not a single one will be held to their ridiculous stance at the time.

Where are all of those masses that "disagreed" with us on the validity of this technique. I can say that 90% of Sherdog did not get banned.

I wish someone knew how to quote some of these "white knights" in hiding calling them out for this joke of a double standard that they employed.

We were in the prohibitive vast minority at the time, and we are seemingly in the consensus 100% majority if you take the number of posters willing to admit that they were "opposed"!

Whats to debate? Its a legal move.

100% agreed. It is simple. The debate is where the 90% of Sherdog that DISAGREED on this have disappeared to?

It was "cool" to be on the opposing side of Teep kicks on Sherdog at one time. I can't find a single poster to admit that they were one who had been coerced into this retarded double standard by the "security in numbers" at the time.

I'm not a fan of it at all myself and was annoyed when watching Holm do it Saturday there too. Everytime I do see it, regardless of who the "offendor" is I cringe, and I can attribute that to having blown both my knee's from a lifetime of sport. Both PCL's & the MCL in the right & ACL in the left, as well as shattering one kneecap. I find it a crude attack but as it's not illegal I refrain from allowing myself to find it cheap or dirty.

Wish it was though.

I love the technique from watching KB. I am the last person that wants to see the technique banned from MMA. I still find it incredible the number of Sherdoggers vehemently opposed to it prior to Jon giving them a far more "valid" reason to "dislike" him as a fighter, and not a single one will be held to their ridiculous stance at the time.

Where are all of those masses that "disagreed" with us on the validity of this technique. I can say that 90% of Sherdog did not get banned.

I wish someone knew how to quote some of these "white knights" in hiding calling them out for this joke of a double standard that they employed.

We were in the prohibitive vast minority at the time, and we are seemingly in the consensus 100% majority if you take the number of posters willing to admit that they were "opposed"!
Same people that call Jon a criminal for the hit and run want the world to forget Gus went to prison for attacking a man and his girlfriend.

With all of that said, can anyone honestly say that they have seen ANY MMA fighter more aggressively or frequently attempt this technique in a MMA inside the Octagon than Holly did this weekend?!

I was on twitter for saturdays nights card, and i was complaining repeatedly about the front kicks.

i hate them, and it says a lot about Holly's character.

Front stomp to the knee should be outlawed tbh

I'm not a fan of it at all myself and was annoyed when watching Holm do it Saturday there too. Everytime I do see it, regardless of who the "offendor" is I cringe, and I can attribute that to having blown both my knee's from a lifetime of sport. Both PCL's & the MCL in the right & ACL in the left, as well as shattering one kneecap. I find it a crude attack but as it's not illegal I refrain from allowing myself to find it cheap or dirty.

Wish it was though.

Thank you. There is no absolute right or wrong answer here. You at least have the jewel(s) to admit that you still hold to your opinion regardless of the fighter that employs the technique. That is most excellent! This is where the vast majority of those that were in this side of the argument fail.

Most seem to have "come around" and started warming to the technique as more fan firendly fighters adopted it.

ive never had a problem with the move. I remember Joanna Champion doing a q & A over the weekend and she said she wouldnt throw those kicks. Thats all good. To me though,if someone wants to throw them,go for it,there should be ways around that too. I will say though Jones was throwing those like its the only move he had in the fight with OSP.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartoonq123
Back