If Overeem gets the title, he'll lose it in the next fight

Platinum

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
I don't have faith in Overeem getting the belt because of his weak chin. I know that its the heavyweight division and anything can happen but he crumbles when pressured. Anyway, to the point.

If he manages to beat Miocic and get the belt, the most logical next fight will be against Velasquez.

Velasquez is known to be a high pressure fighter and therefore he is the worst stylistic match up against Overeem. If he manages to connect one of those spinning shit kicks on the chin, it will be good night Overeem. But all he really has to do is to pressure him against the cage Velasquez vs. Dos Santos- style and Overeem will crumble.

His only goal is probably to capture the UFC belt so he'll become "The baddest man on the planet" with many belts in different organizations but if he plans to be the reigning champ, hes in for rude awakening very soon.

Such a shame, he could be the GOAT heavyweight if it wasn't for his weak chin. Good game plan gets you further but it isn't the magical cure for not being able to take blows to the chin/head.

Stipe may crack dat chin. Cain cracks it 100%

I agree. But I don't think he even gets past Stipe. In Cleveland its gonna be very difficult & even though it was a long time ago, Overeem will always be the guy who got his forehead blasted by Chuck Liddell to me

Cain's chin isn't exactly stellar either and his standup defence is rather questionable to, if he bulrushes Overeem I could equally see him finished quickly. The same if he pushes too hard for takedowns in in the clinch.

Good against Travis Browne that's one thing, good against the living that's something else.

f22NWm5.gif

People said it in all of his last 4 fights
He gets knocked out by Miocic or Velasquez. Pressure is the key.
Only legit top 3 fighter that he has beaten lately is Dos Santos at the moment who could have won the fight if he had used his brain and not been gun shy.

He'll get knocked out very soon. Mark my words.

Cain loses to Overeem.
He's not Browne or Bigfoot lol.

he'd have to catch cain early like JDS did the first time - obviously a long drawn out fight is not going to work in his favor. he could do it though.

He gets knocked out by Miocic or Velasquez. Pressure is the key.
Only legit top 3 fighter that he has beaten lately is Dos Santos at the moment who could have won the fight if he had used his brain and not been gun shy.

He'll get knocked out very soon. Mark my words.

I think miocic is a small favourite against overeem. 60-40 for Miocic. But cain is reem's easiest matchup in the top 10. Cain is tailor-made for reem.

I agree. But I don't think he even gets past Stipe. In Cleveland its gonna be very difficult & even though it was a long time ago, Overeem will always be the guy who got his forehead blasted by Chuck Liddell to me
Stipe will always be the guy who Struve knocked flat out.

Man people hate Reem. Why? Chin? It's HW. Did you see the Nagannou fight on Saturday. 2 hammerfists ended the fight and it was a good stoppage. PEDs? Then hate on all the other guys too. Chael, Barnet, Mir. In fact hate on most of the roster who were on TRT until it was outlawed. Hell you think Randy would have won the title the last time without it?

Dude is a destroyer. Get over it. Champ in less then 2 months.

Last edited:
I think I worded that wrong lol.
Meant to say Overeem is better than those 2(now).
Cain won't do much against Overeem,who has solid TDD and would make Cain eat a knee or two every time he tries to shoot for a takedown or clinch.
He also has a submission threat.
Best striker in the HW division.
Another nightmare match up for Cain.
Gotcha.
He is much better than both of them for sure, but weak chin + pressure fighter is a bad combination.
I wouldn't be super shocked if Overeem beat Velasquez but i don't see it happening.

Not exactly a bold prediction at HW. Erveryone hits hard and Reem has shown bad defense.

But Cain has to be very careful coming in. Reem can counter and his clinch is very dangerous as well. Reckless double attempts could cost Cain. And his defense and chin have been just as suspect. What he has over Reem in that regard is recovery.

But Stipe is first and I see this fight as 50/50. The next few title fights should all be very interesting. Would not be surprised to see some crushing KO's.

Overeem is literally Cain's worst matchup though

Back