McGregor's coach John Kavangh predicts Conor will finish Nate in the 4th round.

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
In preparation for their rematch atUFC 202 on August 20th, the reigning featherweight champion has seemingly amped up his training, sparring with world champions in boxing and jiu-jitsu. Many believe that Diaz is simply on a different level compared to McGregor, but for SBG head coach John Kavanagh, his fighter simply "got tired."

"Too many power shots, got tired," Kavanagh said in a recent Persiscope session when asked about what he thought went wrong in the fight. McGregor’s success in the UFC has been anchored on quick knockout finishes. But this time around, Kavanagh feels a later stoppage would be a better option for them.

"Four," Kavanaugh simply said, when asked about his prediction on which round he thinks McGregor would be winning the fight.As for going back to featherweight, Kavanagh gave an open-ended response, but admitted that making the cut down to 145-pounds is "not easy."

"Let’s get this one (Diaz rematch) out of the way," he said.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/7/2...t=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

Says the coach with the two round fighter

WAR CONOR. I can't wait for those four rounds. I respect the hell out of Nayt but I feel really bad for him. He's just waiting around for a few weeks to get knocked out. Now that cardio won't be an issue its going to be a VERY different fight

I always found it funny the whole he got tired after trying to KO Diaz. Do people not realize that if he didn't load up on shots and blow his gas tank he never would have done the damage he did?

If he comes in and tries to pick apart Diaz then expect Diaz to give him a boxing lesson.

He better come in and try the same approach. Go for broke and try to KO him.

Last edited:
Jesus I was betting on Conor for the rematch but no way does it happen in the 4th round. If Conor dosen't get Nate out of there in the first 2-3 rounds he has no hope

What is he supposed to say? "Oh. Yeah Nate is going to kick my guys ass again."
Yall are silly.

I always found it funny how the whole he got tired after trying to KO Diaz. Do people not realize that if he didn't load up on shots and blow his gas tank he never would have done the damage he did.

If he comes up and tries to pick apart Diaz then expect Diaz to give him a boxing lesson.
Exactly this. I think most people know this deep down, and even they know this, but it's more fun and interesting to live in a fairy tale.

Conor doesn't have a competent jab. He doesn't have "effective" boxing footwork. He doesn't have leg kicks. How the hell is he going to pick Diaz apart for 3 rounds then finish him? His only chance is to do what he did in the first fight and hope he hits Diaz on the magic button a few times...

WAR CONOR. I can't wait for those four rounds. I respect the hell out of Nayt but I feel really bad for him. He's just waiting around for a few weeks to get knocked out. Now that cardio won't be an issue its going to be a VERY different fight
Lol. Now that cardio won't be an issue. I really wish Conor had had sufficient time to prepare the first time... Oh wait.. he did. It was Nate who came in with no training. First time in my life that I've seen the full camp guy fighting a short notice guy and pulling the insufficient training card.

What is he supposed to say? "Oh. Yeah Nate is going to kick my guys ass again."
Yall are silly.
Yeah, he should just be honest. Coaches always think their fighter is going to win, fuck that shit.

I always found it funny how the whole he got tired after trying to KO Diaz. Do people not realize that if he didn't load up on shots and blow his gas tank he never would have done the damage he did.

If he comes up and tries to pick apart Diaz then expect Diaz to give him a boxing lesson.

Conor is a better boxer so I doubt that.

Jesus I was betting on Conor for the rematch but no way does it happen in the 4th round. If Conor dosen't get Nate out of there in the first 2-3 rounds he has no hope

Hes been training cardio non stop for months now, there is no way he wont have enough gas for 4 rounds unless he goes crazy and tries win in the first round. Kavanagh will have made a plan for Conor to pick off Nayt in the first few then release his true force onto a weakaend Diaz brother.

Edmont > Kavanagh

c14.jpg

Exactly this. I think most people know this deep down, and even they know this, but it's more fun and interesting to live in a fairy tale.

Conor doesn't have a competent jab. He doesn't have "effective" boxing footwork. He doesn't have leg kicks. How the hell is he going to pick Diaz apart for 3 rounds then finish him? His only chance is to do what he did in the first fight and hope he hits Diaz on the magic button a few times...
Exactly.

After Conor wins this forum will be so silent

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back