Overeem does not have the chin to be a HW champion

Glnick

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
tumblr_mhn9cbQioM1qaa8d1o1_500.gif

travis-browne-3.gif

Ben%2BRothwell%2BKnockouts%2BAlistair%2BOvereem%2BUFC%2BFight%2BNight%2B50.gif

His chin is very weak even if he wins again Stipe someone will eventually tag him and knock him out

Very possible, although his defensive positioning is worlds better than even a few years ago - if he can use his considerable talent to keep other HWs away from the glass chin long enough to land doomknees then he can certainly be champion.

His real problem is with guys who have solid chins, at least decent power and a good stamina....unfortunately that is a few guys at HW - particularly Cain.

I don't know why so many think Stipe has nothing for him. Stipe is going to KO him in the first.

Maybe right. But he has the striking to be the next HW champ so let's see which one is a bigger factor

tumblr_mhn9cbQioM1qaa8d1o1_500.gif

travis-browne-3.gif

Ben%2BRothwell%2BKnockouts%2BAlistair%2BOvereem%2BUFC%2BFight%2BNight%2B50.gif

His chin is very weak even if he wins again Stipe someone will eventually tag him and knock him out

if he wins against stipe he will be a chanpion which means youre thread is wrong about him not having the chin to be champion.

Arlovski was the UFC HW champ.

Does Arlovski have a good chin?

None at HW have a chin that can take it all and not fall.

Some just fall easier.

But Reem has power to put anyone down and hes has more skill and technique then most if not all.

He might still win it,but can he keep it long? probably not

I still think Stipe can take him.

yet he is better in every aspect of fighting then Stipe and will be crowned HW champ!

better accept the fact that the Reem is comming for the HW gold and your gf!

Those were some huge blows .... still i aprove this thread.

The best thing a HW can do is not be hit and never test their chin. Men that large cannot afford to trade shots. Reem is fighting much better defensively than he has in the past where he had a tendency to get careless. It's not as though he gets his lights turned out easily, it's more how he has reacted to shots, which opened him up to cumulative damage.

He can win it, but prolly won't defend many times. Odds are no one will, but that chin is such a huge problem.

He survived JDS and Arlovski so far... he only needs to land one more.

I could be wrong, but I don't recall him being turned out by any "light" shots.... Recently anyway. He leaves himself open at times and guys have caught him.

Doesn't matter if he doesn't have the chin. If he tags Stipe first, and that's possible, he will be the HW champ.

Big Reem fan but would never betmoney on him because of his chin... He can definitely murder stipe because IMO He has better tools to finish job.

I see Stipe taking this rather easily, glad to see Reem fighting for the title though.

Back