Tyron Woodley vs Robbie Lawler - Unprepared?

FedorFanBoy

SLEEP EAT MMA REPEAT
Banned
Reaction score
I just watched TYRONE camp, he comes to fight against Robbie with win in a 3 round fight against Gastelum. Also he didnt looked super impressive against Kevin.

Tyrone looks very jacked, and more muscles you have = the more oxygen you need to power them.
116_tyron_woodley.0_cinema_1050.0-600x350.jpg

Tyrone was one time in 5 round fight, he got knocked out in 4th by Nate Marquart and he started to gassing in 3rd.

tumblr_n62cj2uXcW1six5o1o1_500.gif

Also having a year layoff dont help. I think he could come overconfident and get knocked out early or lose in later rounds.

Thoughts?

If the fight goes to the 4th or 5th, Robbie is a diesel truck. Has a slow traction, but when he drives, he'll run over Woodley.

I don't see any way Tyron wins this fight. He looks petrified to strike against anyone that puts pressure on him and Robbie's TDD is immense. I see violent KO by the 2nd round.

I honestly can't see a realistic way that Woodley wins this, so, he probably will.

Also, Kelvin just handily beat Hendricks - I think he's getting better with time.

Kelvin did look absolutely amateur at times in the Magny fight though.

Tyron is a top level talent, who lost to a roided up Middleweight in Marquardt.

I personally think Lawler should win this fight, but I did pick Tyron by KO as an upset pick a few months back.

Love both guys, will be pulling for Robbie though.

That was a beautiful ko by marquart in that gif. Woodley probably has max 2 rounds to try and take Robbie out, if he doesn't Robbie will walk him down and butcher him.

Well, Woodley has the wins on paper but imo he ''beat'' Kelvin and Condit

I have a nightmare where Woodley KOs Robbie, the lucky bastard catches Robbie when his chin is finally done.

In the event of that horrible scenario I'd like to see him fed to Condit or Wonderboy - he keeps saying how he beat Condit - if he's so confident then he'll have no problem in a rematch without freak injuries.

Robbie brutally KO'ing Woodley after this undeserved shot will be glorious. Then time for the REAL title fight. Thompson vs Lawler.

I'm rooting for Woodley. Not just cause he's a brother, but because of all the butthurt it will cause here.

Back