Cyborg to have a go at boxing? How would she fare?

MustangSally

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
From the tweets below it seems like she wants to make some big money, and with Rousey not fighting and Holm on a 2 fight losing streak, a boxing match against world welterweight champion Cecilia Brækhus might be the best option. How do you think she would do in a pure boxing matchup?

upload_2016-7-25_9-7-51.png

NOT GOOD. I'd love to see her get viciously slaughtered by a prime Ann Wolfe.

Cyborg isn't a boxer, she's a savage - best suited to a cage.

Gotta admire her balls though - she did the same with kickboxing.

If I recall Cybog's kickboxing match with Jorina Baars correctly, Cybog did not outstrike Jorina in any way. She didn't out kick her, nor did she out punch her. It was the other way around. In fact, Cyborg looked to be knocked out on her feet more than once, but only very briefly before recovering. Where Cyborg was able to score some on Baars was in clinching with Baars and slamming her to the mat. But you don't get any points in boxing by clinching and tossing your opponent to the mat.

Last edited:
Cecilia would clown her over 12 rounds for a wide UD. Cecilia is as legit as it gets when it comes to female boxing.

She will lose if she takes that fight.

I like that she isn't afraid of challenges though.

she got wrecked in kickboxing and she would get wrecked in boxing.

so sad to see UFC purposely saboate her career and hide behind a bullshit PED excuse

How did she do??
It was Muay Thai actually,

She fought Jorina baars, undefeated with a 43-0 record (bigger than Cyborg too). She got the best of Cyborg with far more technical skill but by the end Cyborg was beginning to overwhelm her with sheer ferocity.

She takes on challenges even when fighting an undefeated champion in another combat sport, not like someone else we know - she'd rather take on a purple pillow.

Back