Who is more skilled in their respective martial art base, Holly(boxing) or Ronda(Judo)?

Who is more skilled fighter in their respective martial art base, Ronda(Judo) or Holly(Boxing)?

• Total voters

Recounter

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
After watching Holly vs Valentina and reading a few articles about Holly, I found out Holly almost never KO anyone with her hands(in her boxing career or in MMA).

Holly has been KOing her opponent because of her newly developed skill - kicks.
I was surprised to find out that her punches are weak.(I'd even use the word pillow fist)
She is a better kickboxer than she is a boxer even though she was world boxing champion.
Isn't that surprising?

That's in part why if she couldn't use her kicks, it became boring decision fight.

However, Ronda dispatched all her opponent with her very martial art base - Judo.

Having said all that, wouldn't you say Ronda got defeated by some relatively new kickboxer in Holly even though she had much better martial art base?

Ronda. Didnt see Holly at the olympics for boxing, plus she lost brutally.

Holly seems to be a really good boxer in boxing, but is having a hard time putting her boxing to use in MMA.

I guess it dpends how deep the talent pool is in each respective sport. Holly is more accomplished IMO because she has better accolades in boxing than Ronda's non gold medal, but I could see the talent pool in women's boxing being vastly inferior to women's judo.

Ronda went to the Olympics. Holly didn't.

I'm 99.4% sure they have women's boxing in the Olympics.

Who the fuck does Judo? Seriously?

Boxing has way more talent and competitors than Judo. Holly was the champion of a deeper talent pool in boxing, Ronda wasn't even the best at Judo.

Holly Bless

Ronda went to the Olympics. Holly didn't.

I'm 99.4% sure they have women's boxing in the Olympics.
olympic boxing though. No one gives a fuck. No one even mentions Muhammad Ali's gold medal when they build a case for him being the greatest.

After watching Holly vs Valentina and reading a few articles about Holly, I found out Holly almost never KO anyone with her hands(in her boxing career or in MMA).

I was surprised to find out that her punches are weak.(I'd even use the word pillow fist)
She is a better kickboxer than she is a boxer even though she was world boxing champion.
Isn't that surprising?

That's in part why if she couldn't use her kicks, it became boring decision fight.

However, Ronda dispatched all her opponent with her very martial art base - Judo.

Having said all that, wouldn't you say Ronda got defeated by some relatively new kickboxer in Holly even though she had much better martial art base?

How where you surprised? Did you ever watch one of her fights?

Holly was a 28 time world champion. Easy answer.

Who the fuck does Judo? Seriously?

Boxing has way more talent and competitors than Judo. Holly was the champion of a deeper talent pool in boxing, Ronda wasn't even the best at Judo.

Holly Bless
Far more women practice judo than boxing.

They have pretty similar accolades actually -- both were very good at their respective sports -- but not the best. However, Ronda's judo accomplishments are more impressive because the female boxing talent pool is so shallow.

Holly has faught almost every one of her professional boxing fight in Albuquerque.

Far more woman practice judo than boxing.

Both have pretty similar accolades actually -- both were very good at their respective sports -- but not the best. However, Ronda's achievements in judo are more impressive because the female boxing talent pool is so shallow.
mj-laughing.gif

No one cares about Judo. It's a joke of a martial art, on the same tier as TKD.

Holly Holm is one of, if not the greatest, female boxer ever you goof. Ronda couldn't even win gold at her own sport. LoL.

Isn't that surprising?

I think Holly is so focused on counter striking that Valentina messed her up by not chasing her down. She (Holly) made it clear in the Ronda fight that if you're dumb enough to rush her like an enraged bull she will knock you silly with a series of straight left counters.

But, on point for your question. Ronda finished 4 opponents in a total time of just over 2 minutes. Holly hasn't even won 4 fights in the UFC yet. She had 1 split decision, 1 decision and 1 very impressive win over Ronda. Ronda was doing Mike Tyson shit with her Judo by comparison.

mj-laughing.gif

No one cares about Judo. It's a joke of a martial art, on the same tier as TKD.

Holly Holm is one of, if not the greatest, female boxer ever you goof. Ronda couldn't even win gold at her own sport. LoL.

That would explain why the legendary boxer chick is now 3-2 in the UFC while the Judoka had 6 title defenses with three sub-minute wins.

That would explain why the legendary boxer chick is now 3-2 in the UFC while the Judoka had 6 title defenses with three sub-minute wins.
I voted Rousey but she still hasn't faced any body who's actually qualified to test her judo like Shev was able to test Holms boxing.

Ronda went to the Olympics. Holly didn't

Wasnt Holly a multiple pro world champion though?

You think Audley Harrison (Olympic champ) was a higher level fighter than Mike Tyson (pro world champ but not Olympic)?

Is this a real question??? I just can't figure if this is a rousey hate question or nah

Back