My opinion on Sage

frye666

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
First off, I am not a homo or body builder fan. And it seems that is the majority of Sage fan boys.
I think the kid has the determination to become a champ. It might be 5 years from now and a couple losses away. But he has the speed. He has the striking. And he has the attitude. The kid smiles all through his fights.
That last fight he got taken down and put into some danger, but I was impressed with how he didn't tap and spun his way out. Rookie for getting into that spot in the first place, but pretty impressive to get out of that spot.

Ok now let's ask Sage about his opinion on you!

Sage:"Mr Frye666 i just want to let you know that Jesus loves you!Please change that name though.And subscribe to fight pass!"

Good to know your not a bodybuilder fan.

He has plenty of time to develop, but I'd say he's on a pretty good standing for only 20. He must be built-up properly, and for some time. He shouldn't be fed to a Top 15 fighter for a while, yet.

I'm not quite convinced that he has the striking.

Doesn't quite have a good enough ground game (or striking) for upper level threats. I don't believe we'll ever see him anywhere near a belt unless it is some kind of hard promotion push with gimme fights. Or, a late title shot replacement with a single moment of glory a la Bisping.

He has plenty of time to develop, but I'd say he's on a pretty good standing for only 20. He must be built-up properly, and for some time. He shouldn't be fed to a Top 15 fighter for a while, yet.
or even anyone competent I'd say.

First off, I am not a homo

seh6p.gif

Last edited:
I'm not quite convinced that he has the striking.
I agree. He has to change from a karate type striking to more of an mma based striking. But he has the speed. Anyone can learn, not everyone can get faster.

god no his striking is terrible, he ends up going for stupid takedowns, even though his jj an wrestling suck. He got away with being more athletic and
stronger in the minor leagues, now he is fighting bottom ufc fighters and getting handled.
Only thing he is good at doing is front flip

sage is a bust, but this is mma so he will keep getting chances, in nfl he is manziel

Here's my opinion on Sage, I don't think he has as many fans as people think...i think after his debut with the UFC, a lot of people here posted ironically that he's gonna be a huge star because he looks like someone Dana would love and then it got out of control, there were a lot of threads here about here, some ironic, some as a backlash against the ironic threads thinking they were real, the UFC maybe mistook this that he has a lot of fans, gave him some push, then he got a lot of backlash because a lot of people thought he didn't deserve it which created more threads about him and gave him more attention and the cycle continued....i think Sage's "popularity" is an ironic joke that got out of control

First off, I am not a homo or body builder fan. And it seems that is the majority of Sage fan boys.
I think the kid has the determination to become a champ. It might be 5 years from now and a couple losses away. But he has the speed. He has the striking. And he has the attitude. The kid smiles all through his fights.
That last fight he got taken down and put into some danger, but I was impressed with how he didn't tap and spun his way out. Rookie for getting into that spot in the first place, but pretty impressive to get out of that spot.
totally homo

god no his striking is terrible, he ends up going for stupid takedowns, even though his jj an wrestling suck. He got away with being more athletic and
stronger in the minor leagues, now he is fighting bottom ufc fighters and getting handled.
Only thing he is good at doing is front flip
I honestly can't agree. I think he has great striking, bad wrestling, and so so BJJ. I guess time will tell. Bump this board in 5 years.

giphy.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartoonq123
Back