Jose Aldo vs Nate Diaz who would win at Lightweight ?

Who do you think would win?

• Total voters
J

JollyRants

download.jpg So im having a debate with Conor fan boy @Peteyandjia he thinks Nate would beat Jose Aldo lol. Reminder this is the same Nate Diaz who couldnt check Ben Hendersons or RDAs leg kicks and got his head kicked off by Josh Thompson lol. Who wins Jose Aldo vs Nate Diaz and why ?
No, I already told you I'm a Nate fan. I'm glad he has finally has millions now, that guy deserves it.

The quote is Conor explaining how he killed Aldo though, it has nothing to do with Nate. Sorry your boy Aldo couldn't do anything to Conor except die, so I guess you do have to keep trying to bring up the great Nate Diaz. (Who would also beat Aldo btw.)
Rafael%2Bdos%2BAnjos%2BLeg%2BKicks%2BNate%2BDiaz%2BUFC%2Bon%2BFox%2B13.gif
Benson_Henderson_Low_Kicks_Nate_Diaz_-_UFC_on_Fox_5_medium_medium.gif
2mziqv6.jpg
97fd61c1ebe21c241c87f340b4ca49ee.gif
Jose_Aldo_vs._Mark_Hominick_5.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not a sure thing, but I think Nate beats Aldo with superior boxing, and a huge reach & height advantage.

It's not a sure thing, but I think Nate beats Aldo with superior boxing, and a huge reach & height advantage.
Nope he would get his legs chopped off. He has superior boxing/reach over basically everyone he fights including losses to.

Aldo cannot deal with being the smaller man so Nate via destruction.

I'd bet on Aldo with a UD as long as he doesn't get baited into trading with Nate in the pocket. Way too defensively savvy to get beat up in short exchanges and his footwork is too good for Nate to just plod at him and walk him down. Aldo would stack up leg kicks and counters and breeze to the decision IMO. Only gets the finish 1/100 times though, he's just not big enough to put Nate away, though he's much more skilled.

Aldo cannot deal with being the smaller man so Nate via destruction.

Stylistically, I think Aldo would be a problem for Nate. Too quick and moves too well and he'd slow Nate down with those leg kicks.

Nate wins.

Nate has a big height and reach advantage on Conor.

Conor has the same height/reach advantage on Jose.

Thus Nate has that HUGE height/reach advantage X 2 on Jose.

Aside from size, Nate's boxing is probably better.

And his ground game too.

Aldo's leg kick will be the factor, but doubt it will work as effective as it did on Uriah.

Last edited:
Based on the way Dos Anjos and even Henderson were able to chew up Diaz's legs via low-kicks, I would pick Barboza...

Diaz via not giving a fuck lol. Nate would hopefully be able to pressure Aldo into being active and somewhat exciting, when's the last time Aldo was at a strength and reach disadvantage?

Nate wins.

Nate has a big height and reach advantage on Conor.

Conor has the same height/reach advantage on Jose.

Thus Nate has HUGE height/reach advantage.

Aside from size, Nate's boxing is probably better.

And his ground game too.

Aldo's leg kick will be the factor, but doubt it will work as effective as it did on Uriah.

I would bet good money that Aldo has a better ground game than Nate. We just never see it because he's virtually impossible to take down. Every time we've seen flashes of his grappling, it's been excellent. I'd contend that Nate has better offensive boxing, Aldo is better defensively. Hard to guess how that would shake out.

Hate to say it but Aldo. Nate has shown weaknesses against people who kick alot and its unlikely he's gonna try to take Aldo down much.

I dont think Aldo can finish Nate, but he would win on points repeatedly kicking Nate legs.

I'd definitely take Nate. Aldo wouldn't be able to coast with Nate's pressure and length. Also, Aldo favors kicking the outside of the leg by a good amount, and since Diaz is a southpaw, Aldo's right leg would be kicking to the inside of Diaz's lead leg. Bendo was a southpaw so his power leg was to the outside of Diaz's lead leg.

Those kicks would make a huge difference and Aldo doesn't have to worry about the takedown. I would take Aldo, but It's no given.

I'd definitely take Nate. Also, Aldo favors kicking the outside of the leg by a good amount, and since Diaz is a southpaw, Aldo's right leg would be kicking to the inside of Diaz's lead leg.

This is exactly what I think will happen in the Conor/Aldo rematch & for the same reason, btw. Aldo will be taking all the counter crosses he can eat.

Nate all the way.

Just to big and long.

Jesus there is weight classes for a reason.

Nate might pull something crafty if its a 5 rounder and he has a full camp.

Otherwise Aldo chops those legs and takes his time over 3 rounds.

Aldo via brutal leg kicks. Would be an awesome fight tho.

Nate isnt fast enough or explosive enough to slam a left while Aldo is kicking his leg at lightning speed. Ot would open up Nates gaurd wide open and square his stance up to get hit with a cross or be forced to reset his feeteanwhile Aldo slides away.

As long as Aldo specifically trains for Nate. I see Aldo winning a 3 rounder garunteed.

Back