The PRIDE fandom is Ridiculous here

kingkshon73

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
So I see the thread about Sakuraba vs Rickson on here and I see 70% of sherdog thinks Saku would win.... HOW THE FUCK DOES ANYONE COME TO THIS CONCLUSION????

we are talking about a man who went 90 minutes with Royce Gracie. Anyone who knows anything knows BJJ or the Gracie family knows Rickson is WORLDS better the not only Royce but every one of his brothers (barring Rolls) He was better on the ground and had better takedowns due to his cross training in Judo and Sambo. He was also a better striker then Royce. So somebody please explain to me how Rickson losses this fight?

If you put a time limit on it then maybe. But we all know that Rickson would have only fought under the same rules the Royce and Saku fought under.

I don't know if you got the memo, but
PRIDE NEVER DIES

Saku lived off cigarettes while training and toyed with Royce for 90mins

Deal with it

Because he is the Gracie Killer, didn't you know?

Rickson ducked Sakuraba. Nuff said.

Pride Never Dies bro

Rickson vs. Sakuraba would be PRIDE vs. PRIDE.

So this thread makes no sense.

Pride is the only place where you can see Butterbean keylock Zuluzinho

wasteland this shit

So I see the thread about Sakuraba vs Rickson on here and I see 70% of sherdog thinks Saku would win.... HOW THE FUCK DOES ANYONE COME TO THIS CONCLUSION????

we are talking about a man who went 90 minutes with Royce Gracie. Anyone who knows anything knows BJJ or the Gracie family knows Rickson is WORLDS better the not only Royce but every one of his brothers (barring Rolls) He was better on the ground and had better takedowns due to his cross training in Judo and Sambo. He was also a better striker then Royce. So somebody please explain to me how Rickson losses this fight?

If you put a time limit on it then maybe. But we all know that Rickson would have only fought under the same rules the Royce and Saku fought under.

Because he has a history of beating Gracie's and Ricksons reputation is mostly bullshit myth, while Sakuraba did his work in front of us, would fight anyone under any rules.

Anyone who goes around claiming 200-0 is a fucking joke.

I thought these threads died down five years ago

Well, Saku was besmirching the Gracie name and reputation while Rickson stood on the sidelines and watched. All he had to do was sign the contract and attempt to restore his family name, yet he did not.

Because he has a history of beating Gracie's and Ricksons reputation is mostly bullshit myth, while Sakuraba did his work in front of us, would fight anyone under any rules.

Anyone who goes around claiming 200-0 is a fucking joke.

Apparently he would pick and choose which grappling sessions counted on his record or not, even when they are just training. From what i heard.

And of course the several stories of them attempting to jump people who beat them.

I thought this was going to be good...maybe pointing out how ridiculous it is that there's a new "Fedor is GOAT" thread every 15 minutes on here. But no, Sherdog dissapoints yet again.

Rickson had a Fedor-like irrational fan following in the 90s, but finally most people realized he ducked the best competition back then (namely Sak, along with both Shamrocks, Bas, Ruas and others who were real threats). There's good reason to believe prime Sak would've been a very tough match-up for Rickson.

PRIDE fanboys are hilarious. Some actually thought Saku vs Royce was a good fight. Two men hugging for an hour, with Bas jizzing in the background over every single muscle flex = the good old days, in their eyes.

Sakuraba would have toughed out a win the same as he did to the other Gracies.

Apparently he would pick and choose which grappling sessions counted on his record or not, even when they are just training. From what i heard.

And of course the several stories of them attempting to jump people who beat them.

And don't forget the Gracie Challenges. "Hey, let's let 5 mid-level students from this TKD school try to fight us....and add 5 more 'wins' to our amazing record....or challenge some untrained tough guys at the beach."

I thought this was going to be good...maybe pointing out how ridiculous it is that there's a new "Fedor is GOAT" thread every 15 minutes on here. But no, Sherdog dissapoints yet again.

Rickson had a Fedor-like irrational fan following in the 90s, but finally most people realized he ducked the best competition back then (namely Sak, along with both Shamrocks, Bas, Ruas and others who were real threats). There's good reason to believe prime Sak would've been a very tough match-up for Rickson.

More like an Anderson Silva like following of fans who would claim he could beat anyone dispite avoiding the big fights.

The reality is that its actually "UFC fandom" that is "ridiculous" much of the time here, people raised by Zuffa to believe that only MMA attached to the UFC brand can be of the highest quality who become enraged when there programming is challenged.

Back