Mcgregor got his "gazelle" line from Tank Abbott

OneGloveGracie

Double Yellow Card
@Green
Reaction score
Rewatching UFC 10 and Tank Abbott was a guest at the commentary seat and they were asking him what to expect from his next fight, and Abbott replied "have you ever watched those documentaries on animals? Have you ever seen a gazelle getting ripped apart.... well thats whats going to happen in my next fight".

Either its coincidence or Mcgregor is an avid UFC historian.

Last edited:
Jones got his line from Charlie Sheen

It's probably a coincidence and the line came back to bite him in the ass anyway.

Steve_Irwin_Witnesses_a_Gazelle_Eating_a_Lion-107033.jpg

It's not uncommon for adversaries to refer to the other as prey like a gazelle.

Nobody knows what gazelle is anyway. It's America mother fucker get it right

I think you are reaching a little. Ive heard that metaphor quite often. I dont think they got it from Tank Abbot.

In terms of Lion / Gazelle, he was Mystic Mac:

dtzm8xdezzybgswfk1jj.jpg

Just in the polar opposite order of what he prophesied.

In terms of Lion / Gazelle, he was Mystic Mac:

dtzm8xdezzybgswfk1jj.jpg

Just in the polar opposite order of what he prophesied.

He had it right. He was lion on his stomach spread out and lion about how he would destroy Nate.

tank vs mc goober!!!!!! make it happen!

If he really wants to quote Tank, he would have to say something like "I felt like I was getting raped in the ass by Freddy Mercury from Queen. Get off of me man!"

If he really wants to quote Tank, he would have to say something like "I felt like I was getting raped in the ass by Freddy Mercury
and forest bit that line....but Severn's has like 200 matches and has the moustache to boot...so im sure its been said on multiple occasions

Last edited:
Rewatching UFC 10 and Tank Abbott was a guest at the commentary seat and they were asking him what to expect from his next fight, and Abbott replied "have you ever watched those documentaries on animals? Have you ever seen a gazelle getting ripped apart.... well thats whats going to happen in my next fight".

Either its coincidence or Mcgregor is an avid UFC historian.

I wouldn't be surprised if Conor didn't even know who Tank Abbott is.

pretty sure if you analyze everything conor says and does, it would be taken from somewhere else.

Tank on Tito "Hey, why is this bone growing out of my forehead? Now I can smoke in the rain!"

Back