Should Valentina Schevchenko gain some muscle?

Gorbag

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Valentina already seem to have some punching power but let her get some 10 pounds extra of quality muscles and she may start to knock out people as well! If I were Valentinas head coach I would immediatly put her on a muscle and strength regimen because that alone could be a game changer and make her way more dangerous in the bantamweight division.

So should tiny Valentina bulk up or not?

no. her technique and speed were on point against Holly from the second round on. Being the faster fighter is key. That was a lot of Fedor's success during his reign.

I think you don't get how hard it is to just build some muscle and do it while adjusting to it and not lose any conditioning.....and doing that in the USADA era. Shes also a woman which makes it even harder. you dont just gain muscle it is hard let alone if you are a woman and let aloen if you a presumably clean

No. Valentina is 5'5". She's better suited as a 125er.

I think moving down is the route to success for her. She could beat Joanna. I don't think she would fare well against a grinder like McMann.

I think she is pretty buff actually.. probably gained a little muscle compared to a few years ago.

I thought she looked pretty strong against Holly. She doesn't want to risk losing that speed either.

Plus I think Women's Flyweight will be the next division added to the UFC, where she will be more suited.

I think moving down is the route to success for her. She could beat Joanna. I don't think she would fare well against a grinder like McMann.

I'd love to see a Superfight between Joanna and Valentina at 125. I think 115 is too much for Shevchenko to handle the cut.

Other than late in the first round, it was Valentina overpowering Holm in the clinch which says alot considering the size difference.

She seems fine as she is strength-wise. Her cardio seems to be a strength as well.

Put on muscle then have to cut that weight ?

Or is she going to fight Cyborg at 145 ?

I've got to be missing something here.

tumblr_nk2jkxwkCk1tq4of6o1_500.gif

She did fine vs 2 of the biggest BWs, beating Holly, and looked like she would get the better of Amanda if it was 5 rounds. No need for her to go to FW.

She weighed in at 133. Maybe slowly adding on 2lbs of muscle would be fine without affecting her cardio and speed.

Valentina should probably avoid all advice coming from Sherdog.

Gaining 10lbs. of muscle is not an easy task for a woman. Women don't bulk naturally.

She did fine vs 2 of the biggest BWs, beating Holly, and looked like she would get the better of Amanda if it was 5 rounds. No need for her to go to FW.

She weighed in at 133. Maybe slowly adding on 2lbs of muscle would be fine without affecting her cardio and speed.

It could be that she went over while cutting because she only had to cut 5 pounds which would be easier to screw up than 10.

Like I still think Conor did that vs Nate because he was so used to doing death cuts that he went through what he normally did once checked his weight and was 168 so he just stopped.

I think that's the key to beating her. Press her up against the fence, get her tired. Wrestle her. That's McMann's game. Holly can't do any of that unfortunately and it cost her

She should move down a weight class.

no, she should stay the way she is.... and when 125 opens up she should move to that division

She has plenty of mass, I think she could lose some and go down to 115. She has plenty of power for her division and mass will just slow her down and fatigue her easier

Valentina already seem to have some punching power but let her get some 10 pounds extra of quality muscles and she may start to knock out people as well! If I were Valentinas head coach I would immediatly put her on a muscle and strength regimen because that alone could be a game changer and make her way more dangerous in the bantamweight division.

So should tiny Valentina bulk up or not?

Why would she need to bulk up when she just beat the biggest girl in the Bantanweight division? <35>

And .. putting on 10 legit pounds of lean muscle mass is not something that Valentina or anyone else for that matter, can accomplish within a short period of time. Adding more muscle may also negatively affect her performance in the cage, so no ... I do not think that Valentina should bulk up.

Back