Will Hendo have to pull out of rematch with Bisping due to injury now that he says he'll retire?

Combat Wombatt

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Hendo has now stated that he's retiring after his rematch against Bisping, win or lose.

This fight is for the MW belt. Obviously the UFC doesn't want Hendo winning and subsequently retiring immediately afterward as champ. As much as I love Hendo, I just don't see Bisping circling into Hendo's legendary get H-Bomb again. But, it could happen, Hendo has surprised me in the past, especially with his off-balance KO of Lombard.

So, now that Hendo has said he'll retire win or lose against Bisping in their rematch, do you see Hendo unexpectedly getting 'injured' and not being able to fight, while the UFC finds a new opponent for Bisping rather than postponing the fight?

What? No, why would they do that?

Colin_Farrel-Disgusted.gif

Cut the conspiracy crap bruh. if the UFC doesn't want the Hendo-Bisping fight because Hendo could retire with the belt, then they wouldn't sign the fight

I could see that happening. If he seriously retires after winning the belt that doesn't look good for the division at all.

I am now convinced we won't see this fight unless Hendon decides to stay for say 1 or 2 more fights. That is ubless they are super confident that Hendon gets beat.

I've said this elsewhere but imo this already had to be discussed between hendo & the ufc. His contract was up and he said it was a wrap. When they inked him to fight bisping, I'm sure the idea of him retiring with the belt was discussed. They'll probably try to sweet talk him with a ridiculous paycheck to defend if he wins

What? No, why would they do that?
This. They love the fact he's the champ; Fertitta and White nearly french kissed him when he won the belt. They are looking to squeeze a little more money out of the situation; that's why they gave him Hendo rather than Jacare. If Hendo would get injured they'd probably unretire Jorge Rivera and give the shot to him, because "that's want the fans want to see."

Hendo retiring with the title would be beyond awesome.

What would be even better is the bracket style tournament for the title they could have afterwards.

No....There will not be 2 fights in one night for anyone.

It will stretch on for months.

I could see that happening. If he seriously retires after winning the belt that doesn't look good for the division at all.

I am now convinced we won't see this fight unless Hendon decides to stay for say 1 or 2 more fights. That is ubless they are super confident that Hendon gets beat.
I think the fact that this fight is even scheduled looks bad for the division.

I dont know what hendo has said but if he wins the title i dont think hell retire. He likes to fight and retiring after winning the belt leaves a lot of money on the table. A lot

What they don't want is Hendo to take the MW belt, retire, then unretire, and fight Fedor again.

If he loses the MW belt to Fedor and Fedor takes it back to Russia, how will the UFC get the belt back? The US has no extradition treaty with Russia.

I am 100% positive that the UFC will put laxatives in his water to prevent him from winning. See Tim Silvia.

I dont know what hendo has said but if he wins the title i dont think hell retire. He likes to fight and retiring after winning the belt leaves a lot of money on the table. A lot

This is true.

But it should be abundantly clear to anyone that Hendo is far past his prime years, and can no longer truly compete at the highest level of MMA anymore. It hurts to say it, but it's the truth. Don't get me wrong, he can still knock out a horse, but all the tools that go along with it are nearly gone. His speed isn't there, his reflexes are not there, and his chin has obviously been compromised from decades of war. He KNOWS this.

However knocking Bisping's face off of his face is a task that is realistic for him to complete.

He will not fight again after this.

I seriously doubt that Hendo would be complicit in a fake injury that results in a title shot being taken away from him. That being said, it seems like an awfully bad move for the UFC to give the title shot to Hendo with all this retirement talk. It would be one thing if he had absolutely earned a title shot. But in the real world, where he absolutely hasn't earned a title shot and is talking about retirement, it makes zero sense.

I think the UFC would love to see Henderson retire as UFC Champion.

What ?! ...well , shit hapens i supose, but if u know anything about Hendo you would know that he is gonna take this fight even if he is underprepared ! its gonna go down ...

Hendo is a ghost of himself and has very little chance at victory. The UFC knows this an is using a near decade old highlight of Bisping's skull being crushed like the Red Viper from Game of Thrones to persuade people it's competitive.

Bisping will play it safe, and when Hendo gasses he will finish him and pretend like beating up on old man Hendo makes them even.

He fought injured before- he'll probably do it again considering that this is his last opportunity to taste UFC Gold.

Bisping starches him either way.

I'm predicting a head-kick KO.

It's going to be hilarious to see Bisping beat another top 5 GOAT.

Imagine if he gets and beats GSP afterwards?

His resume will be extremely impressive.

Back