Mairbek Taisumov vs Nik Lentz?

ArtemV

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Who have you got in this fight?

I think it is an interesting test for both. Taisumov must prove his takedown defense vs a good, but not great wrestler in Lentz, while Lentz has to keep winning and win impressively vs a good prospect in Taisumov.

Taisumov has looked great since his loss to Prazeres, and has only had to defend takedowns vs the crazy Alan Patrick, and did so well. He has knocked out his past four opponents. While Lentz has faced a lot of opponents with similar skill sets to him, but he hasn't faced anyone with the power of Taisumov - Mendes has a lot of power for FW, but Taisumov hits much harder.

Do you think: Lentz grinds him out? or Taisumov makes him sleep?

I wont bet, but I am rooting for a Taisumov tko win

It's a very intriguing clash of styles for the reasons you mentioned. Hard for me to pick a winner at the moment, but I think this will tell us a lot more about Thai Sumo win or lose. Great test for him.

It's hard for me to keep track of all these Russians and Chechnians I honestly can't remember him even though I am pretyt sure I've seen him fight most of his fights in the UFC. According to my Fight Finder research I think this is going to be an interesting test for him. Lentz is good and really tough and for the most part has only lost to top guys.

Taisumov is just too much for Nik to handle. If Nik is scare of BJ Penn, he will be terrified of Taisumov. This is Mairbek's fight to lose and I don't see him losing at all.

Lentz got too big of a head when BJ wanted him as a warm up fight.

Now he gets to get beat up and possibly, hopefully, brutally KO'd.

I believe this is a really good test for Taisumov, but I have him as a favorite... Lentz is tough and durable, so Taisumov must be carefull to not punch himself out early or end on the bottom for longer periods of time... This could very well become a war!

Taisumov should have much more skills to win this. Lentz is a fairly one dimensional grinder with limited stand up.

Taisumov is a finisher with much superior stand up, power and also solid takedown defence. It's hard to see Lentz managing to hold Taisumov down for 15 minutes without getting caught.

Think Taisumov will win,a very underated wrestling skills most people take the prazeres fight when talking about Taisumov but Mairbek was not himself in that fight he had stahp infection. Mairbek also trains alot of wrestling in Turkey, Chechnya and Dagestan, but im not sure about his grappling it may be his weakest part and think Lentz will try to take advantage of that

Taisumov would be a slight favorite.

Nik needs to be brought down a few notches. Judging by the way he talks, he thinks he is better than he actually is.

I got Taisumov by TKO. I think he can stop the takedowns and light Nik's big head up like a christmas tree on the feet.

Back