Holm last night

Full Metal Jacket Belt
@purple
Reaction score
i just re watched the main card... I'm not sure at this point how Holly beat so many people... She threw so many short combos into dead air, and looked genuinely uncomfortable fighting a southpaw... I don't know if she had a training glitch or what, but that was a poor showing for a fighter of her caliber. That was not the Holm that beat Rousey, or the Holm that was beating Tate for 4 rounds... If she stuck to that leg kick from the opening round I think it would have made a difference because it was working but every time she threw it she blocked a jab or combo with her face. That was a head scratcher for me.

should have adjusted early and stuck with dirty boxing against the cage. only place she was better, but she just did the same thing the whole fight.

Seems to be common Jackson Wink fighting style. Just throw loads and loads of strikes.

Seems to work for Nick Diaz though. Why doesn't it work as well for Holm/Condit, who end up throwing 90% at the air?

Seems to be common Jackson Wink fighting style. Just throw loads and loads of strikes.

Seems to work for Nick Diaz though. Why doesn't it work as well for Holm/Condit, who end up throwing 90% at the air?
Condit 10% striking accuracy? Huh... That's new.

I wish I could know what her corner said to her in between each round. I wanna know if they gave her tactical tips on how to adjust, or just general "go get her" type of advice.

It was definitely a curious approach... She seems so much smarter than to keep doing what isn't working...

i just re watched the main card... I'm not sure at this point how Holly beat so many people... She threw so many short combos into dead air, and looked genuinely uncomfortable fighting a southpaw... I don't know if she had a training glitch or what, but that was a poor showing for a fighter of her caliber. That was not the Holm that beat Rousey, or the Holm that was beating Tate for 4 rounds... If she stuck to that leg kick from the opening round I think it would have made a difference because it was working but every time she threw it she blocked a jab or combo with her face. That was a head scratcher for me.

Neither Tate or Rousey are good strikers though

It was definitely a curious approach... She seems so much smarter than to keep doing what isn't working...

A lot of truth here. How did she not realize she had to change it up and do something different

I disagree, Holly fought 2 grapplers back to back (Rhonda and Meisha) and looked great. A striker should look good striking with a grappler but agaisnst a younger faster striker...not so much.

I agree with one of the earlier post where she shouldve used the same strategy Cain used against JDS and used dirty boxing against the cage. It was obvious she was a lot stronger than her when Schevchenko took her down but got right back up and had against the cage. Oh well

How did she win so many fights?

Simple, only fought outside of New Mexico 3 times, and out of her 9 KO's in boxing on three of the girls had winning records.

She basically spent her career fighting in Albuquerque against cans

i knew holly was gonna fuck up by the way she was nervously pacing and jumping up and down in the octagon before the fight

giphy.gif

holm just looked way slower. that popped out to me immediately. thought she would switch it up to orthodox at some point to.. didnt do enough either. looked like she did in her other not so good performances. at some point you have to just go for it.

You aren't viewing it right. It's Shevchenko being awesome way more than it's Holm being bad.

It's the same Holly I've seen in every fight so far. Everyone that has allowed her to counter punch and skip around has lost. The 2 who didn't play that game beat her by making her punch air.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back