What's the beef between USA fans/fighters and Brazil?

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
I always wondered why some Americans fans don't like Brazilians fighters and vice versa.

For awhile USA and Brazil were the two top dogs for producing fighters so a natural rivalry developed

There is also a bit if a wrestling/bjj rivalry

I like Brazil, except when the cheat all the time and duck people and make excuses.

Because of stupid nationalism that makes Shertards seem sane by comparison.

I'm American. Most of my favorite fighters are Brazilian.

I don't care about nationality or invisible lines on a map.

No probs with brazilian fighters or fans here.

Those mo-fos taught me BJJ. :D

Brazilians are the saltiest sports fans on earth. This isn't isolated to MMA. If Americans were competitive at soccer, they'd be facing death threats from Brazilian fans.

Because of this dumb idea called "patriotism"

Neither have worked out that where you are born wasn't your choice, you just arrived via a vagina on a continent and it had nothing to do with your own personal choices.

Patriotism is dumb

And just Brazil and USA are very patriotic

Brazilians are the saltiest sports fans on earth. This isn't isolated to MMA. If Americans were competitive at soccer, they'd be facing death threats from Brazilian fans.
You've never seen a euro match have you

No probs with brazilian fighters or fans here.

Those mo-fos taught me BJJ. :D
you should be thanking this man for BJJ.
Maeda_Mituyo.jpg

For awhile USA and Brazil were the two top dogs for producing fighters so a natural rivalry developed

There is also a bit if a wrestling/bjj rivalry

This. I think in 2011 or 2012 i saw the percentage per country for successful MMA fighters.

USA and Bazil were top 2 by a large margin. It probably hasnt shifted too much in terms of top 2 or 3 countries.

Because no Brazilian fighter has ever lost a fight in history.

Back