Will Emergence Of Deadly Trio Push Ronda Rousey Out Of Women’s Bantamweight Title Picture?

Concrete Whale

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
http://www.inquisitr.com/3339876/wi...sey-out-of-womens-bantamweight-title-picture/

Less than five months removed from the most devastating loss of her MMA career, former UFC women’s bantamweight queen Holly Holm paid a steep price for stepping into the Octagon with striker-extraordinaire Valentina Shevchenko in the main event of Saturday’s UFC Fight Night Chicago and suffered a loss that will be felt throughout the entire division.

But in the bigger picture, the women’s bantamweight division has become an unbelievably unpredictable environment since Holm proved that Ronda Rousey wasn’t immortal last November. During her absence, a trio of lethal fighters consisting of Shevchenko, current 135-pound queen Amanda Nunes, and veteran Cris ”Cyborg” Justino have all begun to push the division’s first champion further and further away from the title she’s hoping to reclaim.

In her last appearance, Shevchenko put both her weight class and the world on notice with an impressive performance that resulted in a closely contested unanimous-decision loss to Nunes at UFC 196 in March—the same card that featured Holm’s upset loss to Miesha Tate.

amanda-1.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I really think Punk is gonna be the woman to bring some balance to this division.

At this rate we are never going to find out

I think the only way she was coming back was if Miesha was still champ. I don't think we will ever see Honda again.

Ronda is years behind the division at this point she's not coming back either is meisha

2748423-6440-didnt-read-lol.gif

But yea Ronda will have a difficult time winning the title back. I personally don't think she could, even if she does come back.

Cyborg isn't in the division because she roided herself into half a man in the past. Women shouldn't have to fight her and shouldn't be shamed for 'ducking'

Back