What next for Nate Diaz after UFC 202?

cigano

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I see Conor beating him comfortably, simply too prepared this time but let's not get into that.

Instead, let's delve into what we see in Nate's future, if he wins or loses?
When he loses, I think there will no doubt be a final fight with Conor as part of a trilogy around Feb/March.

If he somehow wins, do you see him getting a title shot at 155? I think he might.

giphy.gif

When Nate wins again I see a title shot in his future.

The ufc will want to capitalize on his star power asap.

After beating Nate, Conor Beats Aldo to unify the 145 belt.

he then movez back up to 155 & winz that belt.

While Frankie & Halloway fight to see who gets him next at 145... Nate & Conor fight for the 155 belt at UFC 209.

the winner of Halloway / Edgar gets Conor at international fight week in July

Last edited:
Probably a 3rd fight with McGoober if he loses.

If he wins, he will probably price himself out of any fight for a while.

Tony Ferg hopefully. Winner gets title shot.

If he wins, he can probably get the title shot vs Alvarez, if he even wants it. If he doesn't, he'll probably go into semi-retirement until a fight presents itself, or if he needs money.

If he loses, he'll probably wait on the sidelines for the McGregor rematch. Meanwhile, Conor would probably take around 2 fights before it'd be time for that rubber match. So, the rubber match could maybe happen late 2017. So Nate would likely sit out for a year or more.

I expect he'll take a year off and wait for the rubber match.

Once you've had a red panty night is tough to go back too

images

I thought Nate was offered a title shot for 200 when Conor was removed? If he wins again it's the only fight that would make sense given the star power he would have.

Other than "more weed," what's in his future really depends on what happens in the fight.

I see Conor beating him comfortably, simply too prepared this time but let's not get into that.

Instead, let's delve into what we see in Nate's future, if he wins or loses?
When he loses, I think there will no doubt be a final fight with Conor as part of a trilogy around Feb/March.

If he somehow wins, do you see him getting a title shot at 155? I think he might.
IMO, wrong about Conor beating Nate comfortably. Win or lose, Conor will not have anything further to do with Nate. If Nate wins, I see him fighting a top 5 LW.

Win = Retirement
Lose = A while out then come back for a decider in the trilogy then retirement.

After Nate beats Conor again...rather easily I might add, he will sit out and enjoy his millions for a while. I don't see him getting a title shot. From what he says, he doesn't give a shit about titles anyways. He will more than likely just look for the biggest fights offering him the biggest paydays.

After Nate beats Conor again...rather easily I might add, he will sit out and enjoy his millions for a while. I don't see him getting a title shot. From what he says, he doesn't give a shit about titles anyways. He will more than likely just look for the biggest fights offering him the biggest paydays.

Nail on... he's fought countless tough fights for crap money all his career. He doesn't care about belts, he's not going to fight in eliminators vs top 5 guys anymore. Either a top P4P guy or a big draw will interest him if not he'll cruise off into the sunset with his gold.

He'll probably ascend to the heavens on a cloud of ganja

I love the "if he somehow wins".. if by somehow you mean, being a better boxer and infinitely better grappler

155 to get beat up a few times and all you guys can stop jumping on his wagon

Back