Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Who does he beat?

Alvarez - champion - both said they won't fight each other
Khabib - 1- Khabib would out grapple him with relative ease
Dos Anjos - 2 - would do his thing and grind out Barboza
Ferguson - 3 - would outpace and finish him again
Nate Diaz - 4 - I am not sure how he is ranked 4th, but Barboza would chew his legs up
Donald Cerrone - 5, also not sure as he is at WW now, but would probably take Cerrone to beat him again

What do you think? the rest of LW is with Poirier, Chiesa, Green, Michael Johnson (already beaten Barboza), Dariush, Brooks and Iaquinta.

Who does Barboza beat? and lose to?

Aldoesque in his TD defense was Barboza, Joe. I could see him beating Khabib. He'd annihilate Nate. I give him a good shot against anyone else too.

It's my opinion, but he's the worst matchup in division for Khabib. If you think Khabib wrestlefucks him with ease, go pet your unicorn.

I'd say all of those fights are flip coins

i would only confidently pick Khabib over him.

Aldoesque in his TD defense was Barboza, Joe. I could see him beating Khabib. He'd annihilate Nate. I give him a good shot against anyone else too.
While I do agree that his takedown defense was great, he is a clinch fighter and rarely shoots in, but Khabib is a better wrestler than Melendez and anybody that Barboza has fought.

He could very well beat eddie but he could get caught by a big shot too.
I would only slightly favor khabib to beat him. Edson has great TDD & if khabib has to stand with him he'll get destroyed.
Dos anjos would prob win but it would be interesting.
Fights with ferg & Donald could Go either way.

Who does he beat?

Nate Diaz - 4 - I am not sure how he is ranked 4th, but Barboza would chew his legs up
Donald Cerrone - 5, also not sure as he is at WW now, but would probably take Cerrone to beat him again

What do you think? the rest of LW is with Poirier, Chiesa, Green, Michael Johnson (already beaten Barboza), Dariush, Brooks and Iaquinta.

Nate at 4 must have been a typo. Barboza would win
Corrine said he will fight at both 155/170

While I do agree that his takedown defense was great, he is a clinch fighter and rarely shoots in, but Khabib is a better wrestler than Melendez and anybody that Barboza has fought.

This is true. But Barboza doesnt need too long to eat Khabib's legs up. I think it's a 50-50, maybe slightly favoring Edson. Guy is huge strong LW and shucked Gil off with disrespect.

It's my opinion, but he's the worst matchup in division for Khabib. If you think Khabib wrestlefucks him with ease, go pet your unicorn.
Barboza let Melendez and Ferguson close distance on him quite a lot, and it only takes one clinch from Khabib to wear you out. His clinch wrestling > Melendez's shots

Who does he beat?

Idk about all of that but I do know that Barboza vs Brooks needs to happen.

Barboza is so hit or miss sometimes he puts on a clinic and then other days he loses to guys like Johnson and even loses to Jamie Varner. Very hot and cold makes betting a headache

Beats Khabib and Nate. Barboza TDD is one of the best at LW and we already know what happened to Khabib when he fought someone with great TDD.

The rest would beat him in a competitve fight.

Leg kick Barbosa has a good chance at winning any fight. But if he stops those leg kicks he doesn't win much. He's still a question mark for me.

lol, he doesn't beat khabib. Khabib wrestle fucks him.

I'd like to see Khabib v. Eddie and Edson v. Tony, winner gets title shot.

Nate vs Barboza is a very interesting matchup to me. Barboza might chew those legs up something fierce, but Nate might also stay in his grill like he did Cowboy and light him up, and Barboza doesn't have Cowboy's chin.

I wouldn't just assume Barboza is taken down and controlled.

Aldoesque in his TD defense was Barboza, Joe.

Nailed it.

Mike+Goldberg+Matt+Hamill+Hosts+After+Fight+AW53BgiIS2el.jpg

"Joe, Barboza can land these kicks all day because of his great BJJ and fantastic guard, he is not afraid of being taken down at all"

- Something like that.

My goodness............... When I heard that.

Back